Monday, April 2, 2012

Manic Monday

man·ic   adjective pertaining to or affected by mania
mania  noun excessive excitement or enthusiasm

Much like robshep.com’s Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is just a snapshot of the random excitement that is inside my head.
  • What a great weekend! On Friday, the twins turned one, and their party was Saturday! More to come about the party on tomorrow's blog.
  • On Saturday evening, Courtney and I went to get pedicures at our favorite little place on 17~ Elite Nails. It was amazing to sit for almost two hours doing nothing but talk to Courtney and read my book.
  • Since I was in Grafton, I decided to drive by our old house. It's technically still ours because it still hasn't closed. It was suppose to close on March 23, but the buyer's bank jacked something up. We gave them temporary possession so they could start painting and stuff. They tell us it might close today.
  • When I pulled in the guest parking lot at our old house, the blinds were open and the lights were on- great stalking conditions. Our house (well, theirs) was full of different stuff, plus they had painted the bedroom and kitchen. I felt like pulling a homeless guy on Adventures in Babysitting, bang on the door and yell, "Get out of my house!" In turn, they would open the door and yell, "You just moved!"
 
Adventures in Babysitting is one of my all time favorite movies. 
  • After our pedicures, Courtney and I went back to her house to catch up on some DVR together. It gets even better! On Sunday, Courtney, Lindsey, Danielle, and I went to Cheddars for Courtney's birthday lunch. They are three of my favorite women in the world; I'm not sure when the last time just the 4 of us hung out. I loved it.
  • I love Monday mornings, but want to know one thing I don't like about Monday mornings? Getting on Facebook! From about 6 am until 10 am a lot of people are just posting about how they hate Mondays and they wish it were Friday already. Keep it in perspective people- you have a job to go to & you clearly have time to get on Facebook to tell us again that you don't like Mondays. I get it, I really do, but find something happy and hold on to that.
  • Apparently the lotto was a big deal last week. Our friend Clayton King re-tweeted somebody and it made me laugh. "The GA lottery is at 540 Mill so u should DEF buy a ticket! Think of how many other bad financial decisions u could make w/ all that money." We don't play, but our friend Jamey always says that you have a 100% better chance of winning if you play. Just wish people put as much hope in God each day as they did in the lotto last week.
  • There is a business in the shopping center near our house called- wait for it- "Respectapole". That's right- respectapole. It's a place for dance fitness. The website says to bring sexy pumps/heels. They even had a groupon recently. Fantastic.
There was a kid's after school/summer camp bus out front this weekend. Haha!

  •  Check out Rob's blog from yesterday. Even though it says Knox wrote it, Rob really wrote it. It's funny!
  • Also, Rob made it to the finals for some March Movie Madness thing his blogger friend does. Rob is representing Indiana Jones, and he is up against the guy from Princess Bride. I really don't like Princess Bride. Anyway, at noon you can vote here for Rob to win it all. Please do!
  • Spring Break is here which has a whole different meaning for us over the last two years. We used to go on great trips together, but since we had the kiddos, it's a different ball game. Not a bad ball game, just different. Rob can't take off work the week before Easter, so I'm on my own with Reese & Hayden.
  • Highlights we have planned- one year photos with Barb Spencer, a trip to Busch Gardens with Alicia and Abram, a visit to Virginia Beach to see my parents, some play time with Nicole & Connor, and our church (Next Level) opens its doors to the public!
  • If you have a great church, stay there, but if you don't have a church- check us out! nextlevelchurch.net has some information about when & where. We'd love to have you (if you don't have a church!). We meet at 6 pm on Sundays, so you can sleep in, dress casually, and have the whole weekend to yourself!
How was your weekend? Are you on spring break? What are you doing?