Monday, April 30, 2012

Manic Monday

man·ic adjective pertaining to or affected by mania
mania noun excessive excitement or enthusiasm


Much like robshep.com’s Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is just a snapshot of the random excitement that is inside my head.
  • Insurance is a necessary evil. We recently switched insurance policies because of Rob's new job. All of my family qualified for the cheapest rates except me. Apparently since I've had IVF (in-vitro fertilization= how we got the babies) in the last two years my rate is really high. High like Tom Petty. Rob's premium is like $124 a month, but mine is $937. The kids are like $133 a month, but mine is $937.00 a month. That's crap.
  • When I called to dispute this (I didn't know why it was so high at the time), she said it was because of IVF. I said it was an elective procedure that wasn't medically necessary, AND ANTHEM PAID FOR NONE OF IT. I told her that I didn't plan to ever do it again, and even if I did ANTHEM DOESN'T PAY FOR ANY OF IT. I just don't get how this affects them or my premium. Apparently I'm a threat. I like the sound of that.
  • I dislike being a grown up. Good news is that I can re-apply exactly two years from the start of my IVF treatment, and that is July 1st. She said there was no reason my premium wouldn't be the same as Rob's after July. Still crap.
  • In other news, I am thankful we have insurance for the family and a paycheck. God is good.
  • We had such a relaxing weekend. So relaxing in fact, that I didn't leave the house all day Saturday or Sunday until church at 4:30pm. 
  • We took a huge family nap Saturday from 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. It was awesome. Now don't get crazy- family nap just means we all slept at the same time. The twins always have & always will sleep in their room. 
  • Courtney hung out with us during the day and night Saturday. She hadn't seen the babies in 9 days which is the longest she's ever gone. She might have had the shakes from withdrawals.
  • Danielle joined us in the afternoon, and soon after, her husband Dan followed. I cooked up some chicken tetrazinni, green beans, and my version of Red Lobster's cheddar biscuits for the gang. 
  • Rob went and got us some Chick-Fil-a desserts! My dessert of choice there is a small ice dream cup with sprinkles- it's amazing! Everyone else got the new cookie sundae and they were a big hit. We ended the evening watching Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol. It's a really good movie. I still got nervous even though I had seen it before!
  • I watched a rerun of Khloe and Lamar today. It was the episode where the Mavericks (Lamar's team at the time) played in LA (Lamar's former team). It was his first time back in LA since they traded him to Dallas, so it was emotional. It is incredibly hard to leave a place you love- we know because we recently did this.
  • When Lamar entered the game, the crowd gave him a standing ovation to welcome him back.  The Laker organization also put a video tribute together of clips from Lamar's time in LA and played it on the jumbo tron for him. It made me tear up! I thought it was super classy. When he came out onto the court, Derek Fisher (a Laker) gave him a big hug.
  • I love that they showed him respect and honored him that way after 7 years of playing there. Lamar and I are only 9 days apart in age. His dad was a heroin addict and his mother died of cancer when he was twelve. He's had a rough go of it, and I don't think he even has a team for the next season. He's successful, loaded, and married to a Kardashian, but seems so lost and broken. He needs Jesus.
  • 7 weeks of school left! I guess I miscounted at some point. I can't wait for summer, a new schedule, and new adventures! 
  • My mother-in-law and I are planning my sister-in-law's (Nicole) shower for baby Brody! We've picked a theme and are running with it! It's all I think about, look for on Pinterest, and brainstorm ideas about with friends. I can't wait!
  • I went to Longwood in Farmville, VA, for college. At the time, they had like 4.2 places to eat that were not fast food. Macado's is one of those places. They are in most college towns in VA and NC, but not here on the peninsula. I love Macado's. Favorite meals include the Turkey Trot, the Babe Ruth, and the Chicken Cordon Boo. Everything on the menu is fantastic. Their menu is huge. I'm pretty sure I could get something different every day of the year. it would be dangerous if I lived near one.
Macado's is to me as Chipotle is to Rob. Rob traveled to Farmville on Friday, and he stopped at Macado's on his way out of town to bring me home food. It made for a perfect lunch on Saturday.

  • As I mentioned, Rob went to Farmville on Friday. Sadly, I couldn't go, so our great friend Ryan went with him. Rob headed to our college church, Concord, to speak. This church and the people are so special to us. Concord Baptist was my first real church family. Concord is where I met Rob. Many, many people from this church are still a huge part of our lives!
  • Concord basically was having a church planting emphasis weekend, and invited Rob for a church dinner and to share about his vision for Next Level Church. They were so supportive and gracious and kind to Rob. We were blown away by their generosity and love how kingdom minded they are.
  • Rob and I are dreaming of a three day vacation this summer. We've talked about heading back to Fort Worth to visit friends and eat at some of our favorite places in the world, but we'd like to check out a new town too. They don't know it yet, but we even talked about visiting Steph & Brian in Denver! We miss them and would love to check out Denver. We've never been to Colorado. It's mainly hypothetical because we have two one year olds, but we can dream! 
  • At lunch yesterday, Rob and I were talking God. We are trying to figure out how we can love Jesus, love people, and make a difference. We want this to be our every breath, and lead our church to do the same. It's not easy though. 
  • We have a Sunday night tradition after church. I pick up Taco Bell, and me, Rob, Ryan, Candice, Mim, and Did eat at the house together and tell funny stories. It's the best. I get two soft tacos and one order of cinnamon twists for the purpose of calories. Normally I would get a cheesy gordita crunch, a nacho, and a Mexi-melt with no tomato, but I have to be careful! One soft taco only has 200 calories, but a cheesy gordita crunch has 490! That's crazy!
What did you do this weekend? What do you get at Taco Bell?