Thursday, February 20, 2014

Funny Stuff on a Ship

Here are things that made us laugh on the cruise.
  • During dinner the first night, the song from Titanic was playing. Not the best choice.
  • A few different times, Rob told me I needed to tell my girlfriends certain things, not him. Well, they weren't there, so he got to hear it all.
  • At breakfast one morning, this guy said, "Have you ever heard of I-tunes?". Yep. We've heard of it. Bless his heart, he was serious.
  • Fanny packs.
  • So many t-shirts that said "My Wife Rocks" or "My Husband Rocks". The best is when the couples were both wearing them at the same time.
  • Pantyhose with sandals. You are on a cruise!
  • The water slides were so much fun! I laughed a lot. Later when I was laying on a chair near the slides, two sets of older couples were trying out the slides. They were having the BEST time and it was making me giggle. They acted as though it had been years since they had done anything but walk, and their joy was contagious.
  • My hat flying into the ocean.
  • There weren't assigned seats at dinner in the formal dining room, so we just picked a table the first night. No one sat with us. We were losers. It happened again on the third night, and it appeared as though people were actively avoiding sitting with us. We didn't mind and kept laughing about it. At one point during the week, a couple sat with us for a minute and then saw their friends, so they left. Foiled again.
  • Trying to play putt putt during a tropical storm made us laugh. Trying to walk down stairs during a tropical storm made me laugh.
  • I walked into the lobby one day and stumbled upon a couple working on some Olympic ice skating moves. It was hilarious. I told them to carry on, but they were embarrassed. Busted.
  • During a dance party on the Lido Deck, they played the Cupid Shuffle- obviously. This sweet 50-ish year old man was gettin' it. Getting it! It made me laugh so hard- not at him though! He was just dancing with reckless abandon and it was not good. His legs looked like limp noodles, but he was whipping them around to the left and to the right. It was amazing and he was having the best time.
What makes you laugh?