Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thinner Thursday

I mentioned on Monday that I had not seen my trainer in over two weeks due to our summer vacation schedules. My week off was awful- we ate out a ton and I didn't make good choices. I was not at home, so didn't go to the gym. The two days I hoped to go to the beach to take a long walk with Rob, it stormed like crazy! Excuses, excuses. I gained about five pounds, but can't get discouraged because it is a result of the choices I made. I don't have much sympathy for anyone who gets appropriate consequences for their choices whether it's a speeding ticket or my own personal weight gain!

I did have one mopey moment or two. We have been able to spend lots of time with friends lately, and I watch their eating and exercise choices and briefly think it's not fair. One friend had two pop tarts and a soda for breakfast, while I measured my Kashi and milk that morning. She's skinny; I'm not. Another friend ordered a huge combo at a Mexican restaurant while I split a meal with Rob. She's skinny; I'm not. I exercised Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and today. I ate a hard boiled egg for breakfast each day. I picked up Dairy Queen for Rob and didn't get myself anything. A friend offered to bring me a Slurpee (my favorite!) and I said no. Nonetheless, I still made crappy decisions throughout the week. I simply lack discipline. I'm addicted to food. My previously mentioned choices didn't matter because I got pasta and cheesecake at the Cheesecake factory; we ate out about 6 times on vacation; I didn't work out for five days straight.

Today I weigh 215 pounds. That's another gain since my last blog. (Which by the way, I wasn't not blogging on Thursdays because of my weight or embarrassment. When I started this blog, I promised I wouldn't stress over getting a blog done and it isn't my top priorities. I just didn't have time/make time to blog.)

Every day is a new battle for me. I can get pretty scrappy when I want to. Here goes nothing.