Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Twin Tuesday

Over the last few weeks, our kids have become obsessed with "The Fresh Beat Band" on Nick Jr.



This is a good thing because it is way cooler than Barney, Yo Gabba Gabba, and Sid the Science Kid. I told Rob a few weeks ago that I felt we had succeeded at parenthood because we skipped Barney and went straight to Fresh Beat. It's bad because we didn't have cable before we came to his parents' house, and we don't intend to get it when we move out. Hopefully they are on DVD somewhere! If not, they'll love coming to visit Papaw and Mamaw since it'll probably stay on their DVR. :)

Hayden's favorite part is during their songs. He just dances and dances! When I can, I hold his hand and we dance together. He loves it. He now reaches for anyone who is nearby to hold hands and dance. When the show ends, both Reese and Hayden start signing "more, more, more"- too funny.

Rob & I were at an engagement party last Saturday, and Fresh Beat came up. I know, right? Our friends have kids too- they are down. One friend says, "Do you know the dance to the song at the end? I do." To which she broke out in their moves. Now I want nothing more to learn their choreographed ending dance. It will be mine.

What are your kids currently obsessed with, or what were they into when they were children?