Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thinner Thursday Update

I gained a pound this week. A pound doesn't really mean much to me alone. I seem to just hover around this weight. I've been here for weeks. I did, however, take my first step to change that! My mother-in-law, Marcia, took me to the gym on base at Langley with her last night!

I haven't been to the gym since before I got pregnant with the twins. I had so many complications early on with the pregnancy and was put on bed rest off and on, so it wasn't really an option. The babies are over a  year old now, so no excuses! It was a little intimidating because the gym was full of really attractive and fit military men and women. The lady on the elliptical beside me was about 7 months pregnant and was killing it on the machine. Good motivation. I did 30 full minutes on the machine and felt good. Not gonna lie- my i-pod shuffle hit a Bieber song and I picked up the pace. I also did a few weight machines for my legs.

I am excited to get to the gym three times a week from now on. It works perfectly- I put the kids down at 7pm  and we headed out the door. Hopefully having a buddy who is motivated will help too! One of these days I'll have eating and working balanced!