Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thinner Thursday Update

I started this journey weighing 223.4. Today I weigh 210. This is a total of 13.4 pounds lost. For this past week, it is about a 1.4 pound gain. I'm still excited about the total weight loss, and I am not discouraged by the number for this week. For me, this has never been about the number on the scale. If it was, I probably would have never put it out on the world wide web. For me, it is about a lifestyle change. I am totally getting there!

In the last two weeks, I have gone to the gym 7 times- that's every other day! I do cardio and work in some weights. I'm upping the level on the elliptical gradually and increasing the amount of weights slowly. I'm excited about that!

On Tuesday, I had my first workout with my personal trainer, Faith, from Flair for Fitness! You can check out her Facebook page here. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. She is really good at her job. Our hour together included, but wasn't limited to sit-ups, push-ups, bicep/tricep work, stretching, and small cardio intervals. I should also mention that when she did my fitness assessment before we began our session I fell into the "poor" category which basically means I almost died during the three minute cardio fitness test. She told me the good news was that I could only go up! So, beginning this week I have two strength training/personal trainer sessions a week plus cardio on my own. Right now I am going every other day, but my goal is five times a week. Here's to getting skinny!

What's your favorite fast food place? What do you get? Right now, mine is Taco Bell. I love their soft taco and their new nacho burrito. This blog seemed to healthy.