Monday, July 2, 2012

Manic Monday


man·ic adjective pertaining to or affected by mania
mania noun excessive excitement or enthusiasm


Much like robshep.com’s Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is just a snapshot of the random excitement that is inside my head.

  • Last week, Rob did a blog on what it's like to be a man. Read about it here. He had a few people comment that I should follow up with what it's like to be a woman, so I took a shot at it. Read about it here
  • What did we leave out from either list?
  • Today starts week 3 of summer- I can't believe it! I've already had three amazing beach days, so I count it a successful summer so far! 
  • Two weekends ago we stayed with our friends Dan and Danielle since Rob's parents were having out of town guests. Hayden and Reese were in heaven because they have two dogs! Here are a couple of my favorite pics!
Watching a little Elmo. This is how I picture them at age 15 too. Ha.


Cuddling with Danielle! We fell in love with her this weekend!

Danielle and I made homemade laundry detergent. Super cheap and made 10 gallons. I've done 8 loads of laundry with it and it works great- no problems! We got the recipe from the Duggars. They seem clean. :)  Here is the link to the recipe we used.
  • Dan and Danielle had a beach house in Croatan this past week, and we had the privilege of joining them Monday and Friday for some fun in the sun. Here are a couple pics!
These are total strangers, but I dream of getting old on the beach with my friends!

Danielle reading a book down by the water.

The view from their house! Slice of heaven!

  • On Wednesday we had the Shepherd event of the year! My sister-in-law, Nicole, gave birth to a 9 pound 15 ounce baby boy- Brody David Shepherd! That sounds huge (and it is given how children are birthed), but he's still so small!
About 2 hours after she delivered. Always gorgeous and he is perfect!

Shepherd family of four!


Sweet Brody David Shepherd!


Brody makes me an aunt x 5!

  • We also welcomed Macie Miller to our friends Mark and Mollie Miller and Ephraim Medford to Rob and Alicia Medford in the last week! 
Hello Macie! The twins have met four new friends in two weeks: Kellen, Macie, Ephraim, and Brody!

Our new cousin!

  • How about these crazy storms in the 757? On Friday night our power went out, but thankfully was back on minutes later. On Saturday night, we had to pull the kiddie pool and trash cans into the garage because it was about to get crazy! I'm not a get into the bath tub kind of person, but several people I love are. No judgment at all....in fact I probably should use better caution at times especially with the twins. My mom always had us get in the tub or in the safest closet. 
  • My bestie Courtney is out of town for like 10 days. Might be our longest time apart in 7 years. Hoping she buys us some great souvenirs in Chicago, Vegas, and Denver! 
  • Right now I am reading the second book in the Game of Thrones series. They are really long books, and it is written from approximately 31 different perspectives. Every few chapters I have to pause and figure out who the character is again. They are really good though! Anything else I should read this summer?
  • I made a delicious Pinterest recipe last week! My goal is to try one new one a week. I would change a few things, but here it is! Creamy Grilled Chicken Piccata!
The chicken was the best part. You marinate it overnight in lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and basil. I'm going to make the chicken part again this week and put it on a salad. Delicious!

  • Want to know some other exciting news?? Shima, my best friend from middle school, got engaged two weeks ago! (You can read about her here!) Rob and I are thrilled. We love Eddie and can't wait to celebrate with them! To make it even more exciting, they've asked Rob to perform the ceremony- what an honor! 
  • I should mention that Shima is Iranian, and I got this text from her Saturday: "And have him google Persian wedding sofreh. We have a lot of creative thinking to pull together a half Persian half American wedding." Classic.
  • If this wedding is anything like their New Year's parties growing up, it's going to be the event of the year in 2013. I googled what she said and in one place I read that the feast and celebration could last 3-7 days. Who can watch the twins that long??
Do you have a favorite Pinterest recipe? Great book suggestions? (No 50 Shades of whatever please) I've been celebrating births and engagements- what are you celebrating these days?