Monday, July 16, 2012

Manic Monday


man·ic adjective pertaining to or affected by mania
mania noun excessive excitement or enthusiasm


Much like robshep.com’s Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is just a snapshot of the random excitement that is inside my head.

  • Happy birthday to my little, but much taller, brother~ Mark Aaron! Thankful you'll be home safe on Friday!
  • Summer Staycation 2012 has begun! We moved in with Dan and Danielle Saturday for a couple of nights. You know what that means- my kids say "dog" 432 times a day! The best part about it is getting so much time with Dan and Danielle. They are special to us!
  • Rob's sister and family of five are visiting from Ohio for the week, so we've been evicted from his parents' house for the week. We love that they are here and we are excited about our upcoming adventures and photo opps with our family!
  • On Sunday morning we all had brunch together at Bob and Marcia's house, and it was wonderful to be together. We are a family of 15 now which is mind blowing! We've got eight adults and seven children- we are close to being outnumbered, but I think we are all done having kids. 
  • In the last 15 months we went from three grandchildren to seven, so it seems to have happened so fast.
  • We try to snap a few photos each time we are all together, but with 7 kids ages two weeks through seven years old, that gets complicated. I think they turned out great!
This was our first attempt. I love it because at least three are trying to escape. Ha!
  
Mamaw and Papaw with their seven grandchildren! Love! In birth order we have Selleck, Slade, Connor, Hayden, Reese, Sawyer, and Brody!  

We took this one because out of the seven kids, only two are girls! They have to stick together, but knowing their personalities already- they will hold their own!

Here are all the Shepherds that have actual Shepherd blood. :)

We snapped one of our family too!

  • After some more family time today, we are heading to my parents' house in Virginia Beach for the week. We are hoping to relax as a family with Rob off work, but have lined up some play dates and visits with some friends and family while we are down there. If anyone else wants to hang, hit us up!
  • I feel I should confess a random fear today. I have a bizarre fear of steps and escalators and those grates that cover sidewalks that you can see down into. I bring this up because the staircase at Danielle's house terrifies me! Not only are the steps wood flooring (hello slipping in socks!!), but there is only a wall on your right as you are coming down, and NO RAILING ON THE LEFT. It's like a death trap to a ninny like me. Needless to say, I cling to the wall, and will probably have to wash their walls of my hand prints. I go really slow when carrying a child up and down the stairs. 
  • Last night at church we sang an oldie but a goodie- it's actually one of my favorite songs. I think it's called "You Never Let Go", but not 100%. I vividly remember singing this song before we became pregnant as tears streamed down my face holding on tight to the promise of it. We sang it again many times at church while I was pregnant, and I cried again because of the truth. We sang it last night at church, and I cried again. God is good. Here are the lyrics that get me every time~
I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on.
There will be an end to these troubles, but until that day comes
Still I will praise you, still I will praise you, Lord!

 Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me.

Do you have any bizarre fears? Care to share a time you saw God's faithfulness?