Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wife Wednesday

A few weeks ago at church, Rob said his prayer for our marriage was for people to think we were still newlyweds even though we are going on 11 years of marriage. While out together last week, I casually mentioned that I didn't really think we acted like newlyweds and he was taken back. Now, I think our marriage is great and I wasn't complaining, but wasn't sure what classified us as having newlywed behaviors. Thus begun us randomly calling out "newlyweds" every time one of us did something that seemed newlywed-ish. It was funny. I think laughing at each other is a good sign of being newlyweds. Here are some things that caused us to holler "newlyweds!"


  • Rob opens my door for me every time we get in the car. Always has, always will.
  • When he got in the car, I told him I missed him while we were apart.
  • We gave each other random kisses for no reasons.
  • He rubbed my back and played with my hair during a movie.
  • A sneaked swat on the butt in public.
  • He turned off the monitor twice this week so I could keep sleeping in the morning while he played with the twins. I'm not sure if that's classified as newlywed behavior, but whatever it is, it's awesome.
  • We held hands in Costco when we weren't eating samples.
  • I got a frozen yogurt and occasionally fed him bites as we drove around.

Rob asked me to brush his teeth for him Sunday night because he was too tired to get up. I said no as any self-respecting woman would. He said that was NOT newlywed behavior and it was old-fart behavior. He said one day when he's old and I had to take care of him, I would regret not practicing brushing his teeth. It made me laugh hard, so I say it's newlywed behavior.

What are other newlywed behaviors? Keep it PG please! Ha.