Monday, October 1, 2012

Manic Monday

Much like robshep's Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is a snapshot of all the random excitement that is inside my head.
  • I took last week off from blogging because I lost my gumption to do it. I wasn't very motivated to blog this week either, so we'll see how it goes!
  • The twins have been passing this weird fever thing back and forth since last Thursday, which evolved into Reese having a full blown body rash Saturday and Sunday and Hayden's fever reaching 103.4. Kids are exhausting; twins are exhausting; sick twin kids are really exhausting.
  • Rob leaves tomorrow for a conference in Atlanta (Catalyst), and he won't be back until Saturday. Please pray prayers of healing over the twins so this week isn't even harder than it would naturally be with Rob gone. I'm thrilled he's getting this trip in as conferences rejuvenate him, but we opted for him to drive to save us money on a flight- so pray for safe travels for Rob, too!
  • We are taking the kids to their 18 month check-up, and inadvertently a visit because of their fevers & rash, this morning. Reese has crazy anxiety at the doctor; it's a workout for us!
  • I can't believe our kids are one and a half already! Time flies when you're having fun!!
  • Rob and I went to Wintergreen for a conference Friday and Saturday for pastors & their wives. Parts were a bit cheesy for my liking; however, I learned lots of good stuff. Some of that I'll share with you on Wife Wednesday's blog. Here are a few tasty morsels until then.
  • One thing I took away was this: When you lose focus (from God), you can get frantic and resentful. Isn't that so true? When I lose focus (ie- don't read my Bible or spend time praying or worry about other's opinions over God's), I begin to feel overwhelmed by little things and can easily feel resentful towards people that aren't deserving of that emotion.
  • The lady who spoke also shared that we have to balance the urgent and the important. We must choose the important things and only a few urgent things, or we'll become a slave to the urgent stuff. Too many women get frantic focusing on laundry, groceries, bills, and "stuff" which are obviously urgent/necessary, but lose sight of the important things such as resting at the feet of Jesus, reading the Bible, praying for her husband/kids/day, enjoying the children, serving her husband, etc. 
  • She reminded me of a great visual which Rob has used before during a sermon. If you imagine your life as a large jar, you have to choose to put the few big important rocks in the jar first so that they'll fit. Then, you add smaller rocks, then the pebbles, then the sand, and then the water which represent all the other things going on along with the urgent. As long as the important things (see above- Bible, God, husband, kids) are in there first, the smaller/urgent things will fill in around those important things. 
  • The next day the speakers stressed that the important things require guarding! Just as we guard our expensive possessions by locking our cars & house, putting our money in a bank, getting insurance for things, we have to guard our relationship too! You have to schedule, plan, and guard important relationships because they are necessary!
  • In other news, we found the house of my dreams last week thanks to our realtor, Dan Peters. I won't bore you with the details of it, but I fell in love! We are seriously considering buying a house with Rob's parents, and this house seems to fit all of our needs at this point. We put an offer in on Friday, but found out that night it was basically rejected. We had to put a contingency clause in saying that we'll pay you this amount, but only when/if our current house sells. They didn't like that part, but it's our only option. Oh well! I was bummed, but that very next morning I read a verse about God's faithfulness. We'll end up exactly where we need to be one day~ and I'm not convinced we won't end up there!
In what areas have you seen God's faithfulness?