Monday, October 8, 2012

Manic Monday

Much like robshep.com's Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is a snapshot of all the random excitement inside my head.


  • I recently visited a house that follows the "If it's yellow, let it mellow" rule in their bathroom. I can respect saving money/helping the environment, but this one creeps me out. I'm not trying to pee into a toilet that has other people's pee in it. GROSS! They should prep their toilets if guests are coming over. 
  • I went to the Newport News Fall Festival and thought it was weak. It was nice to get outside because it was beautiful, but, overall, the vendors were lame. However, my mom bought Reese a darling black petti-romper there, and it was worth the trip!
  • I love Cheddars. Our family ate there Sunday to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday. They have the BEST spinach dip and chicken tenders. Want to know the worst part?? I left my box of left-overs sitting on the table!!! There's not much worse than getting home, going to put your left-overs in the fridge, and not being able to find them! Apparently I was distracted by my son crying and taking swings at his parents. I mourned a little for my left-overs.
  • My parents and Rob's parents are both going to be out of town this weekend. I've mentioned to them, and on my blog, that they aren't supposed to travel at the same time. For some reason, our normally slow weekends are never slow when both sets of parents are out of town. Rob has to do a wedding this weekend, and I have a bridal shower to attend for my friend, Lindsey. Let the juggling of children begin! I'm very thankful that we have all day Friday for family fun day! I don't know how single parents do it- mad respect.
  • My kids were sick almost all of last week. Boy did that put a damper on our plans, plus Rob was out of town all week! We couldn't hang out with any of our friends with kids (we tend to have daily play-dates); we couldn't do anything that caused them to exert energy because they were so weak. Thankfully, my parents took us in for two days and it was a big help. Rob's parents are always amazing when we are home (their house), and I much appreciated all their helping hands and dinner out. 
  • On Sunday morning, Hayden started crying around 5:30 am (mind you I was already up with him from midnight until 1 am, so I was tired). He quieted down & I dozed off, but Rob didn't. He gently woke me up and says, "Babe, read this!" I rolled over and could barely see because his bright i-phone screen was glaring in my sleep deprived eyeballs. Ha. I was reading a twitter from Tobymac (possibly Rob's all-time favorite musician) that said: "@robshep one of your homies said I should give u a big phat shout out! Said you been listenin' for a grip! Thanks man, Godspeed!
  • Say what?!? We love Tobymac! We don't know what "listenin' for a grip" means- maybe autocorrect?! It was totally worth being woken up for! (That seems like a grammatically incorrect sentence!) The big mystery is this: who is the "homey" that Toby refers to? Toby's tour opened in Dallas the night he tweeted Rob, so we have some friends out there, but who was it?? Rob would like to give them a hug. :)
  • It brings me great joy to see Rob so excited. He was excited.
  • I'm having an on-line Facebook Pampered Chef Party for a friend. If you need anything, or want to make some purchases for Christmas, let me know! You don't have to be on Facebook to check it out, and the best part is that you don't have to leave your house for a real party! (We are missing out on some tasty food though!) Follow these instructions to check it out:
Here is how it works:

2. Click "Shop Online" and enter Monica as the host
3. Shop away!


Do you love Pampered Chef? I do! My favorite items are the batter bowls and the food chopper. What's your favorite kitchen tool? What do you get at Cheddars?