Monday, September 17, 2012

Manic Monday

Much like robshep's Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is a snapshot of all the random excitement that is inside my head.
  • I think I got off the Pinterest train. I'm not sure I've looked at it in three weeks, let alone pinned anything or made anything from Pinterest. I'm not sure why I lost interest, but maybe I'll pick it up again one day. I love trying new recipes, but I seem to have taken a break from it for whatever reason. Post your favorite recipe- I'd love to try it!!
  • Does anyone else try to carry all the grocery bags in one trip? It doesn't matter how many I have; I refuse to let the bags win. The hardest part is getting the front door open, especially when it is locked. Ha.
  • Want to know my most exciting news from this week?? I talked to my college roommate and one of my all-time favorite people- Kim- aka Stinky, and we finally made plans for me and the twins to come visit her family in Raleigh! She hasn't met the kids yet (a travesty in itself), and I adore her two children and husband Eric! Rob will be in Atlanta for a conference the first week of October, so I'm going to drive down and stay with them. Wild & crazy! 
  • It's the longest trip the kids have been in the car since they are toddlers. They did Farmville once, which is about 3 hours. Does anyone have a portable DVD player for the car? Just in case! They've done two hours pretty well, and they travel even better when we're moving. The two hours was because of traffic, so we were basically stopped. I'm excited to start traveling with them farther & farther because we love trips. The three hour trip to Farmville was when they were babies, so it didn't really impact them.
  • Speaking of traveling- it is really hard to do with twins in a Honda Civic. They take up the backseat, so I have the passenger seat, the floor of the back seat (well 2/3 of it because of their books and travel toys to occupy their time), and a little bit of the trunk. Once you put a double stroller back there, there's virtually no room left. Here's to hoping I can fit their stroller, two pack n plays, two travel high chairs, and our clothes/general needs like diapers. I'm kind of a ninja at packing, so I've got this; however, I can't wait for us to have a bigger car! We are trying hard to save for one! Now that we are on one salary, it is harder to put more in savings. 
  • Big news for the Shepherd family that is finally public! Rob signed a book deal with a publisher! Yay! It's been a dream of his for years, and it has been so amazing to watch him on this journey. It was exciting as he wrote it, once he finished it, watching his mom do some edits, and hearing about his meetings with the publisher. The book is called Even if You Were Perfect, Someone Would Crucify You. The premise is finding your identity in Jesus & caring more about what God thinks about you than men. Jesus led a perfect life, but people still crucified him. Haters gonna hate. We are so excited to see where this leads!! (Maybe to a new car!!! Ha!) Praying for the New York Times Bestseller list!!
  • Last Tuesday night we had free tickets to see Kelly Clarkson and The Fray! We went with a bunch of friends, my dad, my aunt, and my cousin. We also got free meet & greet passes with Kelly, and she was amazing. She seemed so genuine and interested in everyone. Here's our free pics compliments of the Air Force! We could only do groups of 2 or 3, but no complaints!
My aunt Misty & cousin Graesin

Our friend Matt on the right & his buddy- we were all here because of him!

Ryan and Candice

The DiNapolis

Danielle, Lindsey, Court, and Amanda

Rob, me, and my pops!

  • On Friday night we went with a bunch of friends to see Rob's favorite band, Need to Breathe, at the Norva. It was so much fun! They put on a great show- it was the best show they've done yet! I did realize that I'm not as young as I used to be. I wore my cute Target sandals that have a sole which is approximately 1/8th of an inch thick. It clearly offers no support. After standing on a concrete slab for over 3 hours, my feet and lower back hurt so bad!! As we sat on a bench in downtown Norfolk after the show drinking Slurpees and sharing Combos, I had forgotten all the pain and knew the concert was totally worth it!
Needtobreathe!

Loved the show!

Who is your favorite band? Have you seen them in concert? Mine include Beyonce and Counting Crows, and I have seen both of them! What's the best live show you've been to? Beyonce or Garth Brooks for me.