Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wife Wednesday

Last night, Rob and I went on a date! I mentioned on Monday's blog that Rob had "asked" me out for this date last week to celebrate my NOT first day of school! He is also out of town today and tomorrow, so that gave us some alone time together as well. For the last few months, we've been putting my entire paycheck in savings and living off of Rob's to prepare for the fall. This month we did the same thing; however, we have planned out a really strict budget on Excel. It's hard to go from undisciplined to disciplined overnight. We're doing it though and still figuring it out. (The hardest category for me is the grocery budget!)

Anyhow, we went to Carrabba's which is one of our favorite places, and we only go there about two times a year because it's fancy for us! We both got the chicken bryan, and boy it was tasty!! While we were there, we decided we wanted to do something fun for someone else. We twittered a message to local teachers & asked what famous person they would NOT want in their class. The winner got free dessert delivered to them by us! Who doesn't want dessert? My friend Richard won (he is the music teacher at Dare), so we brought him two warm chocolate chip cookies and a Reese peanut butter cup milkshake. It was fun to see him and catch up. We also picked up a slice of carrot cake from the Jewish Mother and brought it to Danielle to celebrate her first day at her new job! If we had more money, we'd have stopped by a lot more people's houses- it was so much fun! Both of those purchases came out of our eating out fund in case you were wondering!

Rob will be in South Carolina today with his staff at Next Level. Love that they are getting this opportunity, but I'll miss him terribly. I have to sleep Wednesday & Thursday night without him- boo! Good news- my friend Brooke is sleeping over Wednesday (her hubby is going with Rob), so I'll have a sleepover buddy! Hope I don't accidentally cuddle with her! Ha! Praying Rob has safe travel, great time with his staff, lots of learning & creative opportunities to bring back to our church. I'm also wondering how many times Reese and Hayden will ask where da-da is. My guess is 3,214. We'll miss you babe!

Where is your favorite place to eat when you go out?