Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Twin Tuesday

Hayden loves to read. He asks for a book constantly. He loves to sit in your lap and read a book (over & over & over). It's one of the first things he asks for when he wakes up. When we read Sesame Street books, he calls all of the characters Bert. When I ask where specific characters are, he can find them, but on his own he calls them all Bert. Hayden and Reese both love any book that has animals in it, especially cats, dogs, elephants, and bugs. As a teacher and avid reader, this makes my heart happy. Some of these pictures are my favorite. I snapped them all this week just to show how much he loves his books.

Reading while I change his diaper!


What mom? I'm reading!


Reading with our friend Lauren!

Reading while we ride in the car!

He needed something to do while we got Reese's jammies on!

Momma? Book? Yes, he's naked. Hilarious.

Daddy reading to them first thing in the morning!

Hayden keeps reading to himself...constantly!


Since they could understand what a book was, they both have had several favorites. These include:

Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
Goodnight Moon
Brown Bear, Brown Bear
Guess Who, Elmo?
The Wheels on the Bus
Big Bird's Mother Goose
Bert and Ernie's Book of Opposites
Zoe's Book of Seasons
First 100 Words
My First Animal Book

What is your favorite children's book? Mine is Love You Forever right now. I've also always loved The Tale of Peter Rabbit