Monday, January 21, 2013

Manic Monday

Much like robshep.com's Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is a snapshot of all the random excitement inside my head.

  • It was a really good week. I'm really thankful for everything that is going on, and I'm happy. I don't take that for granted.
  • My kids stayed healthy all week, were super sweet, and had minimal visits to time-out & only one spanking.
  • Plus, they've been sleeping like champs all night which makes for one happy mamma!
  • I'm really excited all of my many tv shows are back on for the new year! I especially love that Downton Abbey is back for season three. I LOVE THAT SHOW!  
  • This season I also became a Parenthood junkie, and I am very sad that the season finale is this week. That means less crying for me- that show gets me almost every single time!
  • I also enjoy the Bachelor and American Idol, but I'm having a hard time caring as much this year. I find the concept of the Bachelor to be absurd and feel mostly bad for the girls on the show. Mindless entertainment though and it means I get to get together with my girlfriends to watch it. New judges on Idol = not as much interest yet. I'm excited for them to get past Hollywood week and pick a favorite!
  • I hosted my very first cooking show this past Saturday. I'm very thankful for my 13 friends who came to support me, others who couldn't that offered encouraging words, and other friends that made purchases. For my first show, I thought it went well. I'm my own worst critic though, so I already made my list of things to improve for next time. 
  • I had somewhat of a Super Bowl themed party because who doesn't want ideas for the next big event? I made a Touchdown Taco Dip and Game Day Sliders. Here are the sliders, but I added two garlic cloves and 1/4 a cup of finely diced onions.

  • They were a big hit! I ate up the meat with just chips and no bun- yummy dip.
  • Today is the last day to order by 6 pm if you are interested! Follow these steps-
  1. Visit www.pamperedchef.biz/monicashepherd
  2. Click on "Our Products" near the top right corner.
  3. Click "How to Purchase" in the purple box on the left hand side.
  4. Enter Monica Shepherd as the host.
  5. Shop away!
  • I got my first paycheck from Pampered Chef and was super excited! Not only have I already made back the investment I chose to make when I signed up three weeks ago, but I've made more than I imagined on top of that. I realize my first month will probably be bigger than following months thanks to faithful friends and excitement, so I'm trying to have realistic expectations for the following months. I'm going to do my best though!
  • I'm not doing Pampered Chef because I have to, but because I want to. I wanted something to get out of the house once a week, meet other women, and earn extra money that wasn't tied up in our budget. So far, I love it!
  • We're going to use this month's paycheck as our spending money in Los Angeles next month for our first vacation post children! I'm also getting a pedicure and putting some in our saving account to help us save for a van faster. Yippee!!
  • I've committed to Pampered Chef for three months at a time- so far, so good!
  • In other news, I've been thinking about single moms a lot lately. It's got to be the hardest job in the world. I get exhausted and I've got a phenomenal husband and support system. I simply can't imagine. I'm going to try and figure out a way to bless the socks off a single mom this month! Ideas?
  •  Back to our California trip...not only are we going to see the Lakers play, but my bestest friend ever, Shima, got us tickets to see Ellen on Thursday. Are you kidding me?!? I can't wait. 
  • I get to fly to California in exactly one month with my favorite people on Earth (Rob, Dan, Danielle, and Courtney), stay with Shima & Eddie (again, bestest friend since middle school), and enjoy a few days of vacation.
  • We are leaving the kids behind, which I know some people judge, but I think it's healthy. I am a little nervous as we'll be so far away and we've never left them for more than two nights. Good thing so many people love their squishy little faces though!
  • I found out someone spoke badly about me to someone else a few weeks back, and it's still sort of messing with me. I know all of the advice that comes with it, but it has given me some stuff to reflect on and grow with. It still stunk. It's also helped me be super sensitive about what I say about others & who I say it to. (Side note- I don't think "Who I say it to" is even a legal sentence.)
Favorite TV shows right now? Do you like Ellen? What would you want a virtual stranger/acquaintance to say about you to others?