Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wife Wednesday

Over the last few weeks, I've been aware of one particular aspect of me and Rob's relationship. We've had a few chances over the last two months to be kid free here and there for whatever reason. I love that we are still ourselves as a married couple when we don't have our kids with us. Do we talk about the kids? Absolutely. Do we miss the kids? Absolutely. However, they don't define our married relationship. We still have so much to talk about. We still laugh together. We are still romantic. We believe that the first and most important relationship we should have is with God, then with each other, and then with our kids. Sitcoms and generalizations lead one to believe that once the kids leave the house, married couples don't have anything to talk about. I pray that is never true of us. I pray that every day we put God first, then each other, then our kids, and then our other relationships. I kind of feel like that's a core value for us. I'm good with that. 

What is a core value in your marriage?