Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wife Wednesday

I love being married. I didn't really date in high school or college, so I had normal girl insecurities about whether or not I'd ever get married. I was Rob's first girlfriend and first kiss. This leads me to one of our strengths- we don't have any baggage from dating relationships. We don't have others to compare to, to wonder about, or get jealous over. I think that is rare and I don't take it for granted. This isn't to brag; it leads to another core value we have in our marriage- We don't taunt each other with the past. We don't bring it up or use it as ammo. When we forgive each other, we forgive. Bitterness has no place here. When one of us makes a mistake, that's all it is- a mistake. We don't remind each other of previous mistakes because it isn't worth it. The Bible says that Satan is here to lie, cheat, and steal. Rob and I work hard to make sure that the devil isn't getting away with that in our marriage. If you are single, guard your heart. It is so worth it. If you're married, guard your thoughts and words so that you are strengthening your marriage, not tearing it apart.

Are you able to let things go in relationships, or do you hold on tight and remind someone of their mistake the first chance you get?