Monday, January 28, 2013

Manic Monday

Much like robshep.com's Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is a snapshot of all the random excitement inside my head.
  • Last week, my parents had to put down our family cat of 23 plus years because he was really sick. He had clearly lived a long, happy life. 
  • I've never attached much to animals, and I've been out of the house since 1997 when I left for college, but it's still a bummer. 
  • My kids, however, are seriously attached. They ask about the cat all the time. When they talk to my parents on the phone, they ask for the cat. My mom even fake meows for them to make them happy. When we get to my parents' house for visits, they immediately start looking for the cat. 
  • Each day I tell them a couple of times that the cat is bye bye, but I'm not sure when they'll get it. I suggested they stuff him and place him here on the windowsill where they expect him. Ha. This was last summer.

  • The cat, Moshi, also had a weird attraction to Rob, but let's be honest, most people do. The cat always lurked around Rob and peered over his shoulder. I always thought it was hilarious.




  • Maybe Moshi just wanted to check his Facebook account. Rob is on his phone in 3 out of 4 photos. Maybe send an e-mail?
  • Anyhow, Moshi was a good cat who had a long happy life. We'll miss you buddy!
  • On Friday, I am heading to Baltimore for a spring Pampered Chef event called Launch. I'm so excited to connect with other women from our area and see all the new products. I'm $83 away from my January goal which will allow me to win oodles of new spring products for free! I won't beg my friends, but I'm not above buying it myself! Ha! 
  • We leave Friday around noon and return Saturday evening. I can't wait! I've been selling Pampered Chef for about a month and I love it! It's an extra perk that I earned extra fun money, too. This month I'm getting a pedicure and buying a concert ticket with my "extra" money. I'm not working to add money into our monthly budget, but to have some wiggle room for fun and to build up our savings even faster. So far so good!
  • I'm gearing up for a crazy February! Baltimore the first weekend, Farmville the following weekend with the family, and then me and Rob head to Los Angeles the 20th-24th. I'm tired just typing that sentence. 
  • We also are going to our annual Super Bowl party at the Hornsby's, celebrating Valentine's together, have a girls' night out planned, and having dinner with a family from Next Level. Can you tell we like being busy?? Makes me so, so happy to be a stay at home mom this year to get so much time with them. 
  • The two bullets above make me realize I need to stock up on caffeine. 
  • Our Next Level Group starts tonight! I'm really excited. Rob is leading a group as we read the book Gospel together by JD Greear. I'm so excited to study together and build relationships. I've got snack tonight and I'm gonna bust out some of my new Pampered Chef recipes!
Any big plans for February? What team are you routing for in the Super Bowl?