Friday, May 25, 2012

Friend Friday: Alicia Medford Edition

I met Alicia maybe 8 years ago? We were both going to Waters Edge, and Rob and I immediately liked her. Her maiden name is Bessey, so from the beginning until present day, that's what we call her. For short, I call her Bess. I actually have a couple of friends that I still call by their maiden names despite them being married- aka Keener & Bittner!! Meet Bessey.

One of our first adventures together was a camping trip years ago with Rob, Jamey, and Rose. It was awesome!



Bessey radiates joy. She is always smiling a huge smile and has a fantastic laugh. She loves Jesus and it shows in all she does. Everyone seems to know Bessey, too. She never meets a stranger! She's the best at investing in relationships. I would say we've always known each other and were friends, but once we hit mommy-hood we truly became friends. Much like dating, she pursued me! :) Ha! Alicia was so incredible at texting and calling and coming over to hang out! She understood (well, understands) that it was easier for her to come to me since she just had one baby and I had two. She understands that I don't have a car to take Reese, Hayden, and Connor anywhere on the days I'm home, so she comes to me! I appreciate how much she cares in all she does. (She's also a consignment shopping queen!)

A little blurry- but four kids under 2 at the time! Her son, Abram, is standing in the middle!


We get to share one of life's biggest privileges together- mommies! We are real and honest with one another about our joys and struggles with being a mom and life in general. Alicia is so authentic! We also talk wife together. My Rob was honored to marry Alicia and her Rob! She's obviously brilliant- she married a Rob. When we talk, we always say "my Rob" as if there would be confusion. Ha!

So beautiful! Alicia, my Rob, and her Rob!

Me, Court, and Linds watching the wedding!


She looked gorgeous! It was the hottest day of the year for sure!

Alicia is step-mom to Elijah and loves him well. They have Abram who is 1 1/2 years old. Alicia and Rob are welcoming their third son into the world this June! From what I understand, they plan to have more and I'm crossing my fingers it's a girl so Reesie has a buddy!! She honors her husband in all she says and does. In fact, she blogged about some of her rules for marriage on my blog here. When Rob and Alicia found out Rob was starting a church, they asked lots of great questions and then asked us if they could join us during this adventure. We have been blessed by them and I am so excited to do life with them! Thanks for being so great Alicia! You are amazing!

Definitely our first photo together- 6 years ago, maybe?