Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wife Wednesday

Rob is so much classier than me. It got back to us that not only was someone talking about him negatively to someone else, but they shared things that weren't even true. I asked if he was going to call or e-mail the person who said it (we would probably call this person a friend to Rob), and he just kind of smiled and said no. It just rolled right off of him for two reasons. He exudes grace. He also knows what is true. Rob has a sensitive heart and I know it bothers him when people are unhappy with him, but he appeared to just let this roll right off. Again, he's gracious and holds on to truth. We don't allow others to define us, only God. As his wife, I learned so much from him this week. I pray I can be as gracious as Rob. I've been praying this verse for us this week:

Philippians 4:8~ Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things.

Sometimes it is so easy to go negative. I'm holding on to this verse!