Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wife Wednesday

I don't think I can say it enough. My husband is amazing.

I've mentioned in the last two blogs that kids were a little sick last week. Rob was a trooper. He rearranged his work schedule to stay home with them last Monday and Tuesday. My parents helped for one meeting on Monday and for a lot of the day Tuesday since he had to take both of them to the doctor. On Thursday, I went to get a pedicure with Danielle, so he put the twins down for bed.

On Friday, I left around 11:30 in the morning with Courtney and Danielle to go to the beach. Rob's day off is Friday, and we didn't have Connor this week, so he hung out with the twins all day. I know they had a blast. When they woke up from their afternoon nap, Rob loaded them up and took them to Target for fun and to buy diapers. Then they went to Costco for samples! We've got the kids hooked. Reese loves the samples. Thanks to Costco samples, she now loves guacamole. So, he gets home with the kids, does his thing, feeds them, gets them in their jammies, etc.

While on the changing table, Hayden starts coughing really hard. So hard, in fact, that he pukes everywhere. Then Hayden rolled over in it- face first. Sounds awesome, right? Rob left Reese in her crib, gave Hayden a bath, washed out the changing table cover, and redresses Hayden in new jammies. It sounds exhausting. After a day at the beach with my friends followed by eating dinner out with them (Rob had cereal), I finally came home.


I came home to 2 dozen roses!! What?

He gave me a full day with my friends and bought me two dozen roses while he was out alone with 2 one year olds. Told you he was amazing. He had also folded and put away three loads of laundry.   Don't get me wrong. Everyday is not this enchanting; however, it comes close. Rob doesn't do things like this to earn points or because he's done something wrong. He doesn't owe me anything. We love each other and that makes it easy to do things for the other. It's a wonderful cycle to get caught up in. He loves me and cherishes me, and it makes me want to love and respect him. It's like a fun game of tag. 

What's the last special thing you've done for someone special in your life?