Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thinner Thursday Update

I began this journey weighing in 223.4. Today, I weigh

207.0

That's a total loss of 16.4 pounds, but only 0.4 for this week.

Except for Saturday, it was a decent week for eating. On Saturday we had a baby shower at noon. It was a Cinco de Mayo themed shower, as it fell on Cinco de Mayo! Beth hosted a spectacular shower with delicious food! Taco bar, Mexican lasagna, taquitos, margarita cake, etc, etc. We skipped dinner because we were still full, but got nachos and popcorn at a movie that night. My bad.

This week is teacher appreciation week at school which means muffins on Monday, a special lunch Tuesday, dessert Wednesday, and white chocolate covered strawberries from one of my students. Dang. I did say no to some things, but a teacher has to feel appreciated, right? Rob and my father-in-law also went to Dairy Queen on Monday night, but I resisted and got nothing. That's a big deal for this girl who loves caramel sundaes and Confetti Cake Blizzards.

I counted calories each day, but forgot to hit "complete entry" on My Fitness Pal app a few days. Oops again. The important part is that I counted calories. On Sunday morning, I set my alarm & headed out for my first jog/walk without the children. Rob took the morning shift with the kids so I could spend some time exercising. Hopefully this becomes more regular. I did a total of 2 miles- a little more than half walking and the rest jogging. I haven't jogged outside since college. I haven't jogged on an elliptical in three plus years. It wasn't horrible.

In the last few months I cheered for friends in two different marathons. As a cheerleader, you notice all the different running styles and strides. Some people look straight crazy running. I'm not an insecure person, but I was very aware of my posture and stride while I was jogging. Hopefully I didn't look too crazy! If I continue with this, I plan to head to Point 2 Running store soon because I haven't gotten new workout shoes in years. I'm also working on a fast walking/jogging mix for my i-pod.  I love music and it makes the world of difference to me.

What songs do you love to workout to? I need a new mix.