Monday, May 21, 2012

Manic Monday


man·ic adjective pertaining to or affected by mania
mania noun excessive excitement or enthusiasm


Much like robshep.com’s Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is just a snapshot of the random excitement that is inside my head.

  • I have had a twitch in my right eye for circa 5 days. With the exception of one bad night for the twins, I've been getting plenty of sleep and I am not stressed out. 
  • I took Tylenol PM Saturday night and slept for over 9 hours, but it still didn't help. The twitch was still there Sunday morning! Summer needs to hurry and get here! I think the beach will cure it.
  • We had a crazy weekend. Friday evening we had a rehearsal dinner for our friends Geoff and Kara. Courtney and Danielle watched the kids for us. It was at a bed and breakfast in Williamsburg followed by dinner at an Italian place on Richmond Road. It was delicious! The weather was beautiful too. Courtney hung out after we got home and we watched the Lakers win!
  • We lounged around Saturday morning, got ready for the wedding, and took the kids to the Froyens. Hayden and Reese love it there, and they had a blast. We spent the day outdoors at the bed and breakfast, chatting with friends, and snacking on food.
  • We considered eating out in Williamsburg (kid free and aren't up there much), but we were too full from appetizers. We ran into the outlets real quick, got the kids, and headed home. I was asleep before ten. Rob was snoring before that!
  • He was trying to take a nap (yes, at 9:30 pm) so he could watch the Laker game which started at 10:30. I think he got up for the end of it, but LA lost by three. Sad, sad, sad.
  • They are down 3-1 in this series, so it's not looking great. Courtney blamed me for this loss because I didn't sleep in my jersey as I had for the last game which we won. I was too tired to think!
  • It's hard not to be part of the problem & instead be part of the solution. It's super easy to go negative with others. Hoping to learn to be a better leader through these types of situations.
  • We just hit our two month mark living with Rob's parents. I think it is still going great! We are working hard to save, save, save. Our first goal is to buy a newer, used van in cash, and we are getting close. 
  • I am not sure that I am van material. I test drove a friend's last week, and while there was nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't me. I've driven a Mustang, a Honda, and a Jetta my whole driving life- vans are just a wee bit bigger!
  • We need to just spend some time looking at other options before we commit. Suggestions are welcomed! The double stroller takes up a ton of space, and we'd like to have room for one or two more people (and one day their friends). We'll start doing more road trips with them soon, so it needs to be gas friendly. 
  • Would it be wrong to pray for a free Lexus SUV? Because that is what I really want. In my dreams. :) 
  • Instead, these are a few of the things I really am praying for. That I'll finish this school year strong and well. That Rob would continue to seek God and earnestly pursue what God wants for him, our family, and our church. That Hayden and Reese would one day find their identity in Christ & not in anything else. That the people at our new church would love Jesus, love people, and make a difference.
How can I pray for you?