Monday, April 23, 2012

Manic Monday


man·ic adjective pertaining to or affected by mania
mania noun excessive excitement or enthusiasm

Much like robshep.com’s Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is just a snapshot of the random excitement that is inside my head.
  • We spent the weekend in Nagshead! On Friday, Stacy picked up the twins and took them to her house for the night & all day Saturday. We headed to NC with Ryan, Candice, Lee, Andrea, Courtney, and Lindsey. The twins spent Saturday night at our house with Rob's parents, Mim & Did. So thankful for their help this weekend & for loving our kids.
  • We had a minor emergency because Hayden's temperature blasted to 104 on Saturday, but it was simply a reaction to the shots. Stacy double checked with a trusted friend who happens to be a pediatrician, gave him some Motrin, and he started acting like himself not long after.
  • The eight of us shared a house and had a blast. We ate a lot of food and laughed a lot.
This was my favorite place we ate! I got a Steak Cobb Salad and it was delicious!
We'll definitely go back to Barefoot Bernie's. 
  • Rob, Lee, Andrea, and Ryan ran a half-marathon on Sunday!! How crazy is that! Candice, Courtney, Lindsey, and I went along for the beach and the food. We cheered for them too.
Before the race circa 5:30 a.m.

After the race, circa 9:30 a.m. Rob's time was about 2 hours and 34 minutes.
Awesome especially for a first timer!!
  • I'd like to add that it poured down rain the entire race. That's hardcore. Then we drove back home 2 hours, and Rob preached two sermons that evening at our church. He is beast.
  • Candice, Courtney, Lindsey, and I were hardcore cheerleaders for the race. We paced with our friends above, driving around the Outer Banks with a map. We found them about eight times. We'd park the car, grab towels to cover with (it was raining), grab posters and cameras, and run to the trail. It was a big hit & hopefully encouraged all our friends plus some strangers.

I mean, we didn't run a marathon, but we got up early, braved the elements, and worked hard to support our friends. We were soaked, but fully realize it was no 13.1 miles.
  • A few nights before the race, the Sparks dropped by with a gift for Rob. Rob's always talking about his jogger's nipples, so they bought him a pair of boobie tassels. HA! 

The back says, "These sexy boobie tassels will make you the center of attention every time! Glitzy, glamorous, and stylishly sexy! One size fits most." It also lists who they are perfect for, and one of the people listed are "sun seekers". Never ever have I ever seen someone at the beach with boobie tassels. Ha. For the record, he didn't wear them.
  • I watch "Dancing with the Stars" each week with Rob's parents. My favorite is the British singer lady...not sure of her name. Do you watch?
  • I also watch "American Idol" each week with Rob's parents. My favorite favorite is Phillip Phillips. Who is your favorite?
  • I also watch "Revenge". It was new last Wednesday, and I was so excited it was back on!
  • About 7 weeks left of work until I'm a stay at home mommy! Yippee!
  • My nephew, Connor, loves my kids. Last week he kept running around the house yelling "Eesie Parkie!" Reese's name is Reese Parker, and we always call her Reesie Parker or Reesie P, so he's picked it up. He kept giving her kisses and she would just laugh and laugh. I'm going to miss having so much time with him next year!
  • If you liked the Hunger Games trilogy, might I recommend another book to you. It's Divergent by Veronica Roth. It is fantastic and the sequel comes out May 1st. It's slated to be a trilogy as well. 
Do you watch Dancing with the Stars or Idol? Who is your favorite?