Monday, March 4, 2013

Manic Monday

Much like robshep.com's Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is a snapshot of all the random excitement inside my head.

  • My new favorite dress is from Target! I love it so much I got two! You should check it out, plus they have oodles of colors. One of the two that I bought has pockets! I love pockets on a dress!
Merona® Women's A Line Dress - Black/White Stripe
This is what I wore on Ellen with a purple cardigan~ super flattering for curvy girls! I also bought it in teal and charcoal gray stripes; no belt; has pockets. I think they are flattering on all body types!
  • I am in the process of planning a bridal shower for my bestest friend ever, Shima. The shower is May 5th and her wedding is May 18th! She lives in California, so we have to do what we have to do. In the age of Pinterest, there is some pressure for it to be cute and clever and classy all at once. Here goes nothing!
  • My twins turn 2 this month. 2! That's a whole 'nother blog for a Twin Tuesday! I'm also in the process of planning their 2nd birthday party which will have a Toy Story theme- shocker! I've found some cute, simple ideas to make it fun. I struggle with invitations because so many people love the kids and we'd love to have EVERYONE come, but it's just not possible. And I never want people to think we want them there for a gift because the kids don't need ANYTHING else! Trying to figure out where to have it- need to decide asap to get the invitations done. 
  • Parties, parties, parties!
  • I have another cooking show this Thursday, and I am super excited! Finalizing the menu and excited to connect with some new women and catch up with old friends!
  • We are in the early stages of trying to work out a short sale with a house! Here's a picture!
Not sure about the gray checkerboard door and garage!
  • We would appreciate if you would pray for wisdom, favor, and protection for us and this house! It's in Hampton, near our family, close to the interstate, and more space than we could ever afford if it wasn't for the short sale. The bad part is that it needs new EVERYTHING- roof, windows, heating/ac, hot water heater, appliances, paint from top to bottom, carpet, fence, etc. With all of those "fix it ups" added to the cost, it keeps the house within our budget though, so we are just praying for wisdom, favor, and protection! I pull in the driveway almost everyday to pray over the house & I'm hoping for the best!
  • On our flights to California we had some funny/weird/annoying things happen that I felt like sharing.
  1. The girl one row up to the right kept staring at us. It was uncomfortable. I guess I was sort of staring at her because I kept making eye contact, but I mean she was turned. Super weird.
  2. The three women behind us started off as strangers and ended up best friends by the time we landed in California. They exchanged life stories, loudly, and it was cute, but loud. One of them was obsessed with Charming Charlie's which seemed strange to me. She should have been their marketing director.
  3. The flight attendants and pilot kept telling us that we were experiencing "unstable air". Apparently this phrase has replaced turbulence, but they said unstable air a lot. It was quite bumpy. Turbulence has never been scary to me until I had kids. It made me nervous.
  4. We had the song "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette stuck in our heads. Especially the line, "Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly. He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye. He waited his whole darn life to take that flight, and as the plane crashed down he thought, 'Well, isn't this nice.' And isn't it ironic....don't you think?"
  5. When we landed at LAX, I couldn't stop singing Miley Cyrus's song, "Party in the USA"! It's so much fun to this day, and she says she hopped off the plane at LAX with a dream and a cardigan! (Lame lyrics, but I was at LAX and wearing a cardigan!)
  6. Courtney and I caught up on the Bachelor while flying for hours upon hours!

7. For having 5 total flights, we had really good luck. No delays, no lost luggage, no crazy weirdos, loud children, and smelly people. 

Do you have any crazy airline travel stories? What's the best party you've ever been to?