Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thinner Thursday

I am getting more used to our new lifestyle. I'll never be 100% satisfied until I've hit my goal weight, I'm exercising regularly, and can eat a roll here and there. :) I am down ten pounds from my start weight weighing in at 214.6.

Here are my big milestones from the last week:

We ate lunch at Taste Unlimited on Friday which is one of my favorite places. It's a sandwich shop with the best french bread ever. I got a Cobb salad. I passed the test. That night we went to Texas Roadhouse, and when we were being seated, we told the hostess, "No rolls, please!". Passed another test. It got worse! Our waitress brought a basket of hot rolls and said she noticed we didn't get any rolls, and we stood strong. We told her to take them back! Woohoo! Passed another test.

On Sunday, we went to Cheddar's to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday. Have you had their spinach dip or croissants?? Said no to both. Passed my croissant down the table. Dang. Passed another test. This might not be a big deal to you, but it is to me. I need these type of serious boundaries for my own self-control. It is working for me for now.

I know people are anti-fad diets; I get it. This is what I know. My husband and I are holding each other accountable longer than we ever have. I am cooking healthier. I make asparagus almost once a week. We eat a salad every day. Broccoli is normal for us now, french fries are not. His mom buys us low carb ice cream bars so we aren't totally losing our minds. I had chips at Plaza in moderation. We ate a piece of cake with normal ice cream on Jon's birthday. We can do that OCCASIONALLY at this point because we are so disciplined outside of that. We want this for us and for our children. Also, I'm a maid of honor in two weddings this year- time to get sexy.

Have you ever eaten a beef stick? They are weird but a necessary snack for me these days. Ha.