Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thinner Thursday

I am down seven pounds thanks to Atkins! I know it isn't super duper healthy to lose that much in one week, but when I cut carbs it works. I haven't had a headache all week because I haven't had any wheat. I'm convinced I have some sort of wheat allergy. I'm not hungry all the time like when I start counting calories because I'm eating so much protein.

Our dinners have changed from frozen pizza to salads, grilled chicken, and asparagus. I'm very proud to announce I have made steamed broccoli many times and conquered some tasty asparagus last night! I'm thankful for my Pampered Chef products (not a plug at all) because they make cooking these veggies fast, easy, and tasty! The hardest part for me is not popping goldfish and Cheez-its when I'm getting the kids snacks ready, or eating the last few bites of their sandwich or pizzas- bad mommy habits!

Our grocery bill is higher though- that's the worse part. Our cart at Costco was hilarious- so many eggs, chicken breasts, rotisserie chickens, bacon, cheese, etc.

My favorite marinade for grilled chicken- 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 juiced lemon, 2 freshly pressed garlic cloves, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp basil, and 2 chicken breasts. Let it marinate overnight. Grill away. So delicious alone, on a salad, or in the past- over pasta!

Do you have a great marinade to share?