Monday, March 25, 2013

Manic Monday

Much like robshep.com's Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is a snapshot of all the random excitement inside my head.
  • Courtney asked me to be her co-maid of honor (with Lindsey, duh), and I couldn't be happier! 
Have I mentioned I had a big wedding?? 
  • This means I am a maid of honor (won't call it matron of honor even though I'm married b/c it sounds old!) in two weddings this year! Shima's in May and Courtney's in November. Both are with women who have made my life better, both weddings are on the water, and both are going to be epic!!
  • Shima's wedding will fulfill all my wedding duties to my bridesmaids above. I was Jen's maid of honor, Amy, Johanna, Kim, Susan, and Allison's bridesmaid, and I did a reading in Marie's. At the end of 2013 I will have been: a flower girl once, a maid of honor three times, a bridesmaid 6 times, did a reading in one, and was mistress of ceremonies for another. Oh yeah, I was a bride once! I think I've run the whole circle! I've had lots of dresses. :)
  • What an honor!! Seriously- dresses, gifts, flights, showers, etc are so worth it when you love these people as much as I do! 
  • Another fun fact- Rob "married" three of my bridesmaids and many more of my friends. I love it. He is marrying Shima and Courtney (not to each other) which is also awesome!
  • PS- Our twin ring bearers from our wedding have their licenses now. We are old. One of the flower girls is in college.
  • AT&T's commercials with the guy and the kids- all of them- are hysterical. They never get old to me. "Hold on, I'm watching this." HA! I refuse to believe they are scripted. 
  • On Friday night we had Kyle & Courtney's engagement party- so exciting! 
  • On Saturday I hosted an open house with my friend Crystal who sells Tastefully Simply. We partnered our business, sold stuff, booked shows, and had give-aways! So much fun! If you weren't able to make it, there's still time for all of those things!
  • I'm also doing a Pampered Chef raffle. You can buy a ticket for $5.00 and be entered to win a $150.00 shopping spree!
  • On Sunday we celebrated our nephew's, Connor, birthday at Chuck-E-Cheese. It was the twins' first trip there and it was successful! Reese fell in love with the mouse (Chuck E.) and Hayden was thrilled to give him a high five. Hayden loved playing basketball with his daddy, and he especially loved putting the tokens into the machines. 
  • We didn't have church service last night because we hosted the homeless for the night. Our building actually hosted them for a week, but Sunday was our night. We fed them hot dogs and chili with fixins and played games and hung out with them. It was powerful for our volunteers! So glad they had a place to get out of all that crazy snow!
  • This is the last week of having two one year olds! Sniff, sniff!
  • Do you have a church to attend on Easter? If not, you should totally come check out Next Level Church! 6:00 pm- you have plenty of time for Easter brunch or lunch, Easter egg hunts, and a nap! 

Do you have any Easter plans or traditions?