Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wife Wednesday

On Monday, I mentioned that the kids spent the night at my parents' house on Friday night which gave us a date day. We loved it!

We ate lunch at Taste Unlimited for FREE with a gift card and stuck to our diet. It was nice to be alone. After lunch we ran a few errands and just enjoyed our uninterrupted time together. I love laughing with Rob. As a bonus, I was crossing things off of my to-do list! We headed to a matinee movie to save money and we saw Oz. You can read Rob's review here. Rob had some AMC gift card money left from Christmas- win! Bonus- we shared a free Coke Zero from his reward card. In case you haven't noticed, I love FREE!

We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse (and actually paid for that- boo!). Ha. We ran some more errands and headed home. Since we had been out all day long, we stayed in that night and relaxed. We slept in Saturday and I ran oodles of more errands that I'd been putting off while Rob had a work breakfast. I dropped tons of stuff off at the consignment shop and got paid $128.00- yahoo! Back to the wife stuff- we were super excited to pick the kids up Saturday after our 24 hour kid free date! It's shocking how refreshing a night's sleep is without the monitor on. 9 out of 10 nights they sleep all night, but something about waking up and peeking at the monitor to make sure is instinct.

Spending time with Rob got me out of my funk from last week and gave me so much energy for the kids. Granted that energy runs out after 3 days straight with them, but I wouldn't change a thing! I hope my kids learn that mommy and daddy's relationship comes first, and that they see a healthy marriage modeled for them. I hope Rob knows that he comes first, then the kids. It's not always easy as two 2 year olds are rather demanding, but it is necessary. (Side note- I am thankful for our family being close & how much they help us. I don't take that for granted for a second!)

What did you do on your last date?