Monday, March 18, 2013

Manic Monday

Much like robshep.com's Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is a snapshot of all the random excitement inside my head.
  • I have a confession. I don't really like Chick-fil-a. I go when I have to. I realize I'm in the minority. I'm ok with that. I respect their sweet tea and I do love their ice dream cups with sprinkles. While I'm at it, I prefer Dunkin Donuts over Krispy Kreme. There. I've said it.
  • I could also never eat chocolate again and be completely fine. Seriously. I love vanilla ice cream, yellow cake, and all sorts of other things. I'd take Skittles and Jelly Beans every day over chocolate. 
  • Enough about food- I can't even eat any of that stuff right now, so let's move on!!!
  • I had a great week with Pampered Chef- closed 4 shows in two weeks and made some serious money! I still love it and can't wait to see what else is in store.
  • The kids spent the night at my parents' house on Friday night per their (my parents, not the kids) request, so that was a special treat! We used a Taste Unlimited gift card to eat out for lunch (got a Cobb salad), went to see a movie (Oz) with a gift card left over from Christmas, ran some errands together, and then had dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I had a steak and didn't eat any rolls! What, what??
  • Lately, I've been hearing some heart-breaking stories of acquaintances' and friends' marriages. I've said on my Wife Wednesday blogs before that we are not above problems or what these people are going through, so there is definitely no judgment, just sadness. I've been praying and praying for healthy marriages for my friends. I'm praying for restoration and strength for them, and that God would move HUGE. I'm praying the same thing for our marriage, too! 
  • I've self-diagnosed myself with plantar fasciitis in my left heel. It hurts so bad, especially when I get up in the morning or if I've been sitting for a while. I've been doing some good stretches and wearing sneakers whenever I can (not easy for me at all), and it felt pretty good yesterday. I'm going to e-mail my doctor today to try and get it looked at. 
  • I'm reading Gospel: Recovering the Power that Made Christianity Revolutionary for our small group right now. It is fantastic. I highly recommend it no matter where you are spiritually. 
  • I'm also reading Shepherding a Child's Heart with my sister-in-law, Nicole, and we are enjoying it. I feel like sometimes it takes him a little longer to get to a point, but it has lots of really great points for being a better parent (for me personally). 
  • Loving Amazing Race right now, and I am so excited that Dancing With the Stars begins tonight! Not thrilled about the line-up of stars and professionals, but I'm sure I'll pick a favorite soon! I'll tell you what I've not been thrilled about- American Idol! I like a couple of the girls, but none of the guys. Not a fan of the judges- specifically the females.
  • Rob's heading to Russia in June with some fantastic people from our church to work in orphanages. Here's his blog with more information about it. Here's where you can go to help
  • He has to raise $3,500 total and only has $120 with about 55 days to go. We are trusting God. Most of the money goes to the flight over there. 
  • It's going to stink being apart for ten days, especially for the kids, but I am so excited for what he's going to do over there.
What's going on with you these days?