Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Twin Tuesday

We have a new member of our family!!!! Since I can't get pregnant without paying a bazillion dollars and we won't ever own a pet- you guessed it- it's a van!

2007 Honda Odyssey

While it's not a new car, it is new to US! One of my dear friends, Allison, messaged me to let me know they were selling their van and wanted to let me know before they posted it. We hadn't had a chance to really look at lots or at vans to see what exactly we wanted, so I told her to go ahead and post it. After one day of looking around actual car lots and on-line, I messaged her back and asked if it was still available! Yippee!

Since the twins came home from the hospital, we've been crammed in a Honda Civic. Their double stroller takes up the ENTIRE trunk, so I often have to choose between groceries or a stroller. Even this past weekend, we went to Costco and forgot to take out the stroller. We were piling boxes and groceries in every open spot. Don't even get me started if we travel somewhere for the night. Even just driving to my parents for one day a week- by the time I have the stroller, their nap time stuff, their food bag, and diaper bag- we are fully loaded.  No one could ever ride with us either. Courtney and my mom each braved the "middle" seat between the car seats over the last two years and it was dangerous! 

We haven't started driving it around yet because it's going to take me a couple days to get the tags (NOT taking the kids with me to DMV) and switch over the insurance, but I figure we've waited two years- what's two more days!

Along with the 386 other reasons I love the van, we were able to pay cash for it, which means NO car payment. We are big advocates of no debt, and that is why it took two years to get a car that "fits" our family better. Buying it from Allison also gave us a reason to see each other- win, win!

The van made it on Twin Tuesday's blog because it is ultimately for the twins. I can't wait to drive it, and we hope to use it to be a blessing to others somehow too!

Here are some pics of the twins from this week in case you feel as though you were jipped on Twin Tuesday! Ha!

Playing with balloons at their great-grandma's assisted living home.

While we were playing in their room, Reese found her sunglasses and an old Laker pacifier (they didn't even really use those things), and she thought it was hilarious!


I baked a practice cake for some friends for an upcoming Pampered Chef show, and Reese was helping me cook! It's one of their favorite things to do!

Jumping on the couch! Endless entertainment. They also walk up to me and say "Hold you?" when they want me to hold them, and who can resist that??