Friday, March 23, 2012

Friend Friday: I Love Peters!

Rob teases me because I have approximately 32 best friends. It's kind of true. I have been blessed beyond measure in the friend department. From middle school to present day, God has brought amazing people into my life. Every Friday I will focus on one of these people to share their awesomeness and thank them for liking me. Disclaimer: these friends are being highlighted in no particular order and have been chosen using the random name picker at this site. http://classtools.net/education-games-php/fruit_machine

Danielle Peters

Approximately 7 years ago, Rob and I started a new community group at our house. Danielle Peters was a part of this group. Rob said something to me about hanging out with her, but I said I didn't have time. Boy was I wrong! Thank God my initial response was wrong because I don't know what I'd do without Danielle. I love Peters!

Danielle and her husband, Dan, moved to Virginia from Minnesota approximately 9 years ago. She says funny things like pop instead of Coke. It's awesome. Danyelly (our affectionate name for her) teaches 4th grade, is Nationally Board Certified (big deal!), and is working on her master's degree in administration. I teach 4th grade too and I have the same master's, so we at least have that in common! We can get caught up talking quite passionately about school stuff and end up getting heckled by our husbands. More things in common- reading and the beach! We could sit on the beach from sun up til sun down without saying a word and reading books. We also like vampires. Danielle also has a great laugh.

Here's where we differ- running. Danielle runs pretty regularly. She just ran in her fourth marathon, and I am proud to say that I have been at every one of those marathons cheering her on! She's a beast. In fact, she ran in the Shamrock Marathon this past Sunday and rocked it. She had off on Monday for a physical therapy appointment for a gimp knee, but still showed up at our house afterward to help me clean it from top to bottom. I would never have finished without her. She is selfless. Danielle is an amazing cook. I'm not bad, but only because I rip off other people's recipes- mainly hers! Our favorites are her chicken pot pie, brocolli cheese soup, and dips. Danielle doesn't have kids of her own yet, but she still loves us and our kids regardless. She is patient with our schedule, and makes sure we don't go too long without hanging out. When we do hang out, we don't have to do anything. We can just sit around and be. It's nice.

Danielle is beautiful, kind, funny, sarcastic, honest, and a hard worker. She has great sisters that I like a lot, too! Dan & Danielle were two of the first people to get excited and ask to be a part of this new adventure we have started with Next Level Church. They left a church they LOVED because they believe in Rob & his vision and felt like God was leading them to be a part of it. That's love. Danielle was in the waiting room while I was having the twins, and she was one of Hayden's first babysitters so we could visit Reese in the NICU. We are honest with each other and avoid stupid as much as possible. We get annoyed with a lot of the same stuff. I think it gets us in trouble sometimes. She is dear to me, and I value her relationship more than she knows.

Favorite Memory:
Mine: One time we were getting a  pedicure together, and the sweet asian lady massaging Danielle's feet kept trying to tell us something. It took a little while, but I translated to Danielle that the lady thought she had a nice rack and was asking if she got it from her mom. Ha! It was moderately uncomfortable especially because the lady kept doing booby hand motions. It was awesome. Also, a couple of summers ago we drove to Philadelpia together and explored the city. The next day we drove to NYC and galavanted around. In New York, we ate so much horrible food in one day. A cupcake from Magnolia bakery pushed me over the edge, and I had to stop shopping on 5th Avenue because I was sure I was going to puke. We laughed a lot and had a great time. We've also had quite the adventures in Nagshead on numerous occassions- too many favorites!

Hers: Danielle said it was a tie between heading to Philly and NY on a whim, and the Asian lady massaging my legs and commenting on me being well endowed. See above if you want elaboration.

Song that makes me think of her/me:
Mine: Apple Bottom Jeans by T-Pain obviously. We were groupies for a local band and it was a favorite to dance to.

Hers: Anything by Counting Crows or Beyonce.

Perfect day together:
Mine: We would have Panera for breakfast, head to the beach with a cooler & books packed for the day, stay till sunset, eat pizza at Shorebreak, and ride home with the top down on her car. We'd squeeze in a pedicure at the end of the day.
Hers: A perfect day together would be any day at the beach. Particularly if it includes a good book.

Pictures of us!


Old Picture~ 2007~ Nagshead
Shepherds & Peters at 6 Flags~ Sketchy!

Downtown Philadelphia

New York City!

The finish line of her 2011 marathon~ we love Peters!


Love you, Danielle!

Staying classy at South of the Border!