Monday, March 26, 2012

Manic Monday

man·ic   adjective pertaining to or affected by mania
mania  noun excessive excitement or enthusiasm

Much like robshep.com’s Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is just a snapshot of the random excitement that is inside my head. 

  • On Thursday night/Friday morning, I went to see The Hunger Games with some of my favorite people: Rob, Danielle, Dan and Courtney! Whoop, whoop! I devoured the series a while back, and I have been anticipating this movie for a while. It was amazing! Check out my husband's review here.
  • I probably would have been among the first to die in the Hunger Games. I mean, I've lost 13 pounds, but I have no endurance and I am a wimp. This quote thing from Pinterest made me laugh!

  • We are just over one week of living with Rob's parents. I feel like it's going great so far, but you should check with Bob & Marcia in case their perspective is different! We are still getting settled a little bit, but the babies are doing great!
  • Some of our favorite things about being here: our kids get to see their grandparents almost daily, they have cable & dvr (we haven't had it in a while), and our schedules seem to be working together nicely.
  • I teach today, Tuesday, and Wednesday and then I am home for spring break! Granted I have Thursday & Friday with the kiddos, but no school!
  • My babies turn one on Friday. What the heck?! It's been exhausting, amazing, and incredible all at the same time. They are perfect for us, and we pray we don't mess them up.

  • I saw a frame like the one above on the right on Pinterest a few weeks back, so I decided to make it! Our schedules have been a little crazy, and we have to shop very strategically due to space, so I made it! We can write in dinner options and any meetings or events so we are on the same page. Dinners will get moved around depending what we're in the mood for, but it helps me to know what I have available and when I need to shop again. The bottom left is for Rob to write in things he needs from the store or any other reminders. Love it!
  • The closing for our house was postponed a few days, so we are praying it happens by Wednesday. The buyers were missing one piece of paperwork- no biggie. We gave them temporary possession for the weekend so that they could start painting & have the carpets professionally cleaned.
  • Courtney, her mom Kandy, and I went to see Wicked on Wednesday night for Court's upcoming birthday! It was my second time seeing it, but it was still simply amazing. I've had the soundtrack for a few years, and I wanted nothing more than to sing along. If I could do anything in the world without failing, it would be singing. I am not good. At all.
Me & Courtney at Wicked....isn't she the prettiest?!


Connor with his daddy while we sang him happy birthday! He was so happy while we sang!
  • My nephew, Connor, turned 2 on March 20th. Our family got together to celebrate on Saturday! We love that boy, and we are honored to spend so much time with him this year. He brings us great joy.
  • Our friends, Steph & Brian, are moving to Denver in a handful of days. We celebrated them at a going away party Saturday night at Lindsey, Amanda, and Courtney's house. Even though we don't hang out with them regularly, they are dear to us. We love their hearts and respect their marriage.
  • They blessed us HUGE while I was on bedrest with the twins. My favorite thing about Steph & Brian (not really, but close) is that everytime we have a get together you can count on them bringing iced animal cookies, white cheddar popcorn, and some type of ginger ale. Seriously, they know how to love people well.

    How was your weekend? Do anything exciting?