Monday, March 19, 2012

Manic Monday

man·ic   adjective pertaining to or affected by mania
mania  noun excessive excitement or enthusiasm

 
Much like robshep.com’s Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is just a snapshot of the random excitement that is inside my head. 
  • I considered not even blogging this week because I've been feeling very overwhelmed lately, but can't lose momentum, right?!
  • We watched the season finale of Walking Dead last night, and it was intense!
  • As I've mentioned, we finally sold our house which is an answer to prayer!
  • On Saturday we moved in with Rob's parents. We call them Mim & Did, and they are two of the kindest people I have ever met. I could not have married into a better family.
  • They have given us three of their bedrooms upstair- one for the nursery for the twins, one for us, and the third we are using for a playroom/tv room. We also get our own bathroom!
  • 
    All of this and so much more went into storage!
  • Cook's Moving did an amazing job for us. The guys were so friendly and they got the job done.
They also made a run to Mim & Did's to unload our stuff there first. 

  • The babies have done a pretty good job in this transition. They've been troopers for sure.
  • Early Sunday morning, Courtney picked me up and we headed to Virginia Beach to cheer on our friends Danielle and Kim in the Shamrock Marathon. This is our third year being cheerleaders for the race.
  • It is one of our favorite days of the year! Courtney and I park the car, run to the racers, figure out if we've missed our runners or if we made it in time, cheer for EVERYONE, and then go crazy for people we know. We also make awesome signs that are a big hit. Our signs include: "Lookin sexy, still lookin sexy, almost done sexy, We love Peters (Danielle's last name is Peters), etc"
  • Danielle has just finished a marathon, but she looks better than both of us. She's amazing.
  • My college roommate, Kim, also ran the race, but I couldn't find her to pace with her. I was so sad all morning. We searched for her and kept holding her signs just in case. Fail.
  • Since we made eleven different stops to cheer friends on, we ended up cheering for a lot of strangers several different times. They were so excited when they saw us. They commented on the signs, told us WE were doing a good job, and were so grateful for the encouragement. I was telling Rob that it just reminded me that people desperately need kind words and encouragement; not just during a race, but all the time. Don't hold back your words!
  • Our church's mission statement is to Love Jesus, Love People, and Make a Difference. Each month we do something to make a difference either locally or globally. I snagged an idea from Pinterest, and we ran with it. We made Blessing Bags, which are gallon zip-loc bags filled with practical items such as travel toiletries, socks, tissues, gum, tylenol, $5.00 gift card for fast food, trail mix, granola bars, etc. We will each keep one in our car to give as we pass people on the corner asking for help, and distribute them to the homeless in the area. We made a ton of bags with the loads of stuff people donated Sunday!
    One of four tables of donations

    Here is the heaping pile of bags for us to make a difference with!
  • I am off all day today. While that might sound great, it's not. My parents are watching the twins, and I have to go back to our house and clean all day. If you're bored hit me up. I'll put you to work!
Who is someone you can encourage today? Any good cleaning tips for me? (Don't suggest hiring a maid- not an option!)