Monday, March 12, 2012

Manic Monday Part 2

man·ic   adjective pertaining to or affected by mania
mania  noun excessive excitement or enthusiasm

Much like robshep.com’s Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is just a snapshot of the random excitement that is inside my head.

  • Our house sold! This is exciting and sad all at the same time. This is our first real home. We've ridden a roller coaster of emotions in this home. We brought our babies home from the hospital to this home!
  • The plan is to move in with Rob's parents. While some might cringe at living with the in-laws, this is a good thing for us. They are amazing.
  • Here are a few things I'm going to miss about this place.
This is one of my favorite pictures. I've had the hardest time deciding what pictures to pack up for months.
    The view above my kitchen sink. I love the woods beside our house.
I love their sweet names on the wall of their nursery, but they aren't transferable.

  • Last Monday, I officially resigned from my teaching position. I've been a classroom teacher for 11 consecutive years. I've taught in Hampton, Texas, and York County. I've taught 3rd, 4th, and K. I LOVE being a teacher.
  • It was both an easy decision and a hard decision to resign. Hard because I love my identity as a teacher and I love my job. Easy because I get to stay home with these two spoofers.

  • Is anyone else excited about the Hunger Games? I devoured that trilogy, and I literally get goose bumps every time I see a preview on tv. Ask Courtney. I'm hitting up the midnight showing with Danielle, Rob, and Courtney for this one.
  • In other news, Courtney hasn't even read the books yet! I don't think she should be allowed to see it until she reads the book. Just sayin'.
  • Two of my dearest friends, Kim & Danielle, are running the Shamrock Marathon this coming Sunday. This is Danielle's third time running this race, and each year Courtney & I make signs and cheer her on. We literally wait for her to run pass, scream & cheer, run back to the car, drive a mile or so up, and repeat. Last year I was 2 weeks from delivering the twins and I still made it! I can't wait for this year. I told Courtney she should put her number on the signs. The signs are a big hit with the people pacing along with Danielle.
  • I picked the wrong season of life to start a blog. It takes some work. I am teaching part-time, starting a new church with my husband, raising almost one year old twins, packing up a house, and working out all that comes with selling a house. I rarely ever (seriously) get stressed out, but I'm waking up with some anxiety over how much there is to do. Ready for the calm.
  • I'm thankful for all the boxes we've been getting. It's shocking to see how quickly we fill them up. This is causing our house to look disasterous and that bothers me. Oh well....this too shall pass!
  • It's funny what I've had trouble packing up. I learned this week that I had 18 scarves. I only kept 10, and I passed along 8. I also counted my necklaces. I have 34 necklaces. I packed up 14 for storage, trashed 2, gave 1 away, packed 4 to take with me to the in-law's house, and I'm getting rid of 13 via my facebook garage sale.
PS- Towel/robe bathroom hooks make for great necklace holders!

Is there something you have too much of? What's something you couldn't live 6-8 months without?