Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thinner Thursday Update

I'm excited that I'm over three weeks into this and still going strong! This week I am weighing in at:


211.4

I started this journey at 223.4, so that gives me a total of 12 pounds lost! Yipee! My Fitness Pal is a free app that is helping me count calories, and it is working. When I hit my ten pound weight loss, it made me reduce my calorie intake- boo! I went from 1,800 calories a day to 1,560 calories a day. I thought I'd starve to death, but if you are intentional with what you eat, it's not bad at all.

An average day looks like this in regards to food:

Breakfast- Autumn Harvest Kashi cereal with 1/4 cup milk
Lunch- A whole wheat bagel thin with 2 slices of turkey & 1 slice of cheese with a tbsp of Taste Unlimited's house dressing; some baked chips, a greek yogurt, and a fruit; or a can of tuna with the same sides; or a spinach salad.
Dinner- I usually have enough calories left to be flexible, but dinner is very different each night. Tuesday night was frozen pizza and last night was cilantro lime chicken in the crockpot with cheesy rice and baked tostitos! That recipe was given to us by a family from church- the Motes! Yum!

I drink tons of water, and have a 100 calorie cookie pack for a snack at some point in the day. Over a week ago I stopped drinking soda. I only drank one Coke a day, but it was something I wanted to stop. One reason was to save calories (140 for a Coke- not trying to drink my calories!) and the other was to not be dependent on it for caffeine.  I bought some Vitamin Water Zeros from Costco to help transition off- zero calories & naturally sweetened. I have had one soda in 10 days because I got a migraine at school and the caffeine helped to subside the pain.

I can't wait until we are settled to begin slowly incorporating exercise. My goal is to go on a walk twice in the next week. I know this will help with my results. I met with Faith and we are looking at early summer for her to begin working with me as a personal trainer. Faith owns her own company called "Flair for Fitness Personal Training." Check out her Facebook page here!

12 pounds means my clothes are fitting better- yay! Praying I have discipline to make it another week!

How can I pray for you today?