Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Twin Tuesday

We have tried to keep a tight schedule for the twins since day one, and it has worked for us. Not everyone agrees with it, but again, it works for us. With twins, we wanted to be prepared and not let them take over! They have slept in their cribs in their room since their first night home from the hospital. With the exception of 6 different nights in pack & plays at the Froyens' house & the Manis' house, they only know their room. They still have their furniture in their new room, but it's different enough to confuse them. The last few days have been really hard for these two little spoofers.


I feel like they've done ok, but I can tell they are thrown off. They missed their morning nap Saturday because of the actual move, and were a little bit wacky the rest of the day. Hayden woke up Saturday night which is rare for him. They fought their Sunday morning nap hard, but did great the rest of the day. They both woke up Sunday night which was crazy for us. We just aren't used to getting up in the night anymore, but especially not with Reese. My parents spent the day with the kids Monday while Rob worked and while I cleaned our house for the final walk through today. I have missed them so much during this hectic time, and I am so thankful to stay home with Hayden, Reese, and their cousin, Connor on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week!

Here are some other random twin highlights from this week:

We took them to the park last week, and it was awesome!


They were laughing so hard!


When they sleep, they put their little butts high up in the air. I think it is great. This was their last sleep in our house in Yorktown.

 It's all I can do to not pat those little keisters.

Our last day in the house was St. Patrick's Day, so of course they wore green and we played in their room.

 She's looking a little crazy- ha!

Here's to hoping we get it under control now that we are settled. In other news, Hayden bit me Monday night. Seriously!? He left teeth marks on my shoulder. Hayden was just snuggling into my shoulder before bed, then he bit, I yelled, and it scared him, so he cried. I will bite back next time.

What did you do for St. Patrick's Day? If you have kids, how did you curb aggressive behavior at a young age such as biting or stealing toys?