Friday, March 9, 2012

Friend Friday

Rob teases me because I have approximately 32 best friends. It's kind of true. I have been blessed beyond measure in the friend department. From middle school to present day, God has brought amazing people into my life. Every Friday I will focus on one of these people to share their awesomeness and thank them for liking me. Disclaimer: these friends are being highlighted in no particular order and have been chosen using the random name picker at this site. http://classtools.net/education-games-php/fruit_machine

Courtney Hornsby

I met Courtney when she was a sophomore in high school, and I was just out of college and in my first year of marriage. I'm not a creeper. Rob was one of the youth pastors at our church, and Courtney was in our youth group. She was in my cabin at camp, and we went to Brazil together on a mission trip. Little did we know....

 When Rob and I moved back to the 757 a few years later, we ended up in a community group with Courtney and that is where the magic started. We have grown obnoxiously close over the last 8 years. Our road trips include the river house, Nagshead, New York City, and Atlanta. She has a key to my house. She loves my babies near as much as I do. Courtney is beautiful. Have you seen her eyes and eyelashes? She has fantastic hair, and is currently my motivation to lose even more weight. She's getting skinnier and since she's my beach partner, I've got work to do.

You know how some friends drive the husband nutso? Well not Courtney! Rob & Courtney are almost, almost, as close as me & Courtney. That helps a lot. Courtney is a faithful friend, a wonderful daughter, a great teacher, and a fantastic volleyball coach.

Courtney has one of the biggest hearts; she is extremely compassionate. Her big heart causes her big eyes cry big tears. Courtney is single, and selfishly it works for me. She comes over like 5 times a week and a boy would mess with that. But seriously, I pray every day for God to bring her an amazing man. He'll be marrying up. I asked Courtney a few questions.

Favorite Picture of us....

Mine:
At the State Fair watching some super sweet men dressed as penguins dive from way high up into a really shallow pool.

Hers: 
Seriously. She didn't know that I picked the same picture.

Favorite Memory of us....

Mine:
A few summers ago, Courtney and I were laying out at Yorktown Beach eating McDonalds. Obviously we both get the double cheeseburger & fries. A seagull was pestering us, so one of us threw a french fry to the bird. Bad idea. He came in for the attack. He kept dive bombing us. I'm sure the people around us were not thrilled. In honor of this event, I gave her this ornament one year.


Hers:
Her exact answer was, "Seagull attack at the beach. I laughed so hard I was crying." I promise I am not making this up.

This is the culprit.
Our first mistake.

He started getting brave.

I screamed & the camera moved because said bird was dive bombing us. You can see him on the far left.


Favorite activities when we're together:

Mine:
Going to the beach, riding on the colonial parkway, talking about vampires, eating at The Cheese Shoppe or Taste Unlimited, and going to concerts.

Hers:
Going to the beach, watching the Bachelor, discussing Vampire Diaries, doing nothing together, trips to the Cheese Shoppe, and trips to the river house.

Courtney, thanks for loving me and my family. You are an amazing friend, and I'm not sure what I'd do without you. Love you!

What kind of friend are you? Who is your bff?