Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thinner Thursday

I have always been overweight. Always. However, I have never really struggled with insecurity regarding my weight. I’ve always been the biggest girl in my group of friends, but it has never bothered me. While it’s never really bothered me, everyone has a limit! Last month I hit my all-time high, non-pregnant weight. Two Sundays ago I weighed in at a whopping 223.4 pounds.

Before I was pregnant, I weighed 204 pounds and was a size 18. Again, it's never really bothered me. On the twins' delivery day, I weighed 258 pounds and had the luxury of wearing maternity clothes. Don't judge me, I was pregnant with two little people. If I could've weighed each individual foot on delivery day, they probably weighed 10 pounds each based on the swelling. I digress.

About 4 weeks after delivering the twins, I was back down to 208. I'm telling you- it was all Hayden and water weight in there (there being my belly and feet). To summarize, I have gained 15.4 pounds since the May of 2011. The kicker is I don't fit into my size 18 clothes anymore, and that is unacceptable. I will not allow to move into plus size clothing because I fear I'll never leave there. I've been wearing a lot of dresses and skirts which I'm ok with, but can't keep that up forever.

Enter the app "My Fitness Pal" into the lives of Rob and Monica. We are currently counting calories because we are addicted to food! Right now, I get 1,800 calories a day which sounds like a lot, but that is a false assumption. I need the accountability and discipline though, and it is working for us. Once I get a handle on my eating habits, I will begin to incorporate exercise. Thinner Thursday will document our journey. As of this morning I weigh 215.4 pounds. Maybe I should celebrate with a Frosty. I know it won't continue to come off so easily, but it's a drastic and consistent change, so it's working for me. 8 pounds down and a lot more to go.....


What is something that you need accountability and discipline with?