Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wife Wednesday

I love being a wife. It is one of my favorite things in the world.  About once a month, Rob asks me to rate our marriage on a scale of 1-10. Last month I gave it an 8. He’s pretty analytical and wanted to know why it was an 8 and why it wasn’t higher. Nothing was wrong with our marriage, but I know it can always be better. Compared to some marriages, I would rate it like a 116, but I don’t like comparing us to other married couples. I like to compare it to how the Bible describes marriage. Ephesians 5:33 says,"However, each one of you (husbands) also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." Is Rob loving me like he loves himself today? Am I respecting him in all I say and do?

Last Tuesday, I gave Rob a kiss and told him I felt like our marriage was a 10 that week. You should’ve seen how happy he got. I had lots of reasons it went up. We started a new adventure a few weeks ago, and Rob started a new job. Specifically, he started a new church! This adventure has drawn us both closer to God, and therefore, closer to each other. He’s a words of affirmation kind of guy, so I have tried to say lots of positive and encouraging words to him.

It was his turn to plan Valentine’s Day (we alternate to save money & to get creative), and he bought me this (pictured below) and several other things. I love that he made the effort to research a great gift on Etsy and then recruited our oh so crafty friend to recreate it for him. He's been updating it every couple days, and I love it.


When we continue the cycle of me respecting him and him loving me selflessly, it makes marriage so much easier and way more fun!

What are some things you do to respect your husband or to cherish your wife? If you’re not married, what do you hope to see in your marriage that will make it a 10?