Monday, February 11, 2013

Manic Monday

Much like robshep.com's Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is a snapshot of all the random excitement inside my head.
  • We traveled to Farmville, VA, this past weekend to visit my college campus and eat at my favorite place on Earth- Macado's! I love that place. I could go every day and get something different because they have so much yummy stuff!
  • The main reason we went up is because our dear friend, Diane, wanted to host a Pampered Chef cooking show for me in Dillwyn simply to support this adventure! How great is that!?
  • I made a cucumber lime dip, baked potato chowder, pull apart garlic knots, and an apple spice cake with ice cream and caramel sauce. Yummo! (Side note- still time for a show this month!)
  • It was so great to see so many people that impacted me and Rob's life. We love that place!
  • I was driving behind this dump truck yesterday. I've seen a lot of these recently, and I don't understand what to do when I end up behind them, especially when there is no where to go but follow them!!
It says, "Work Vehicle. Do Not Follow."
  • Give me some other options, and I'll obey!
  • I'm a member of some Facebook yard sale sites. People post albums with descriptions and prices. I've gotten some great finds for the kids on these sites, and I've even made some money selling stuff. The other day, I saw this post. WHAT?!
The middle post says, "Any ladies wanting kinky twist this weekend I me know!"
  • I mean, it's already super weird, and there are grammatical errors making it even more weird. 
  • What do you think she was hoping to get from that? So bizarre. I find it especially entertaining that it's above baby clothes for sale. Ha.
  • Is there any value in juice? I don't understand what the big deal is. We don't buy it because it's expensive, and besides sugar, I'm not sure what it offers my kids. I welcome other opinions!
  • I also don't get the expression, LOL. I prefer to stick with, "Ha". It's simple. LOL is even worse when combined with a whole bunch of other text abbreviations such as ROTFL. I don't get it. Ha is simple and to the point. Not a judgment- keep using it if you already do!
  • I lack compassion. I've known that for a really long time, but I've been more aware of it lately. I mean, I have compassion for the homeless and the broken-hearted. I have compassion for orphans and other social issues. I lack compassion in the day to day things. If me, or anyone else, makes a choice and there are consequences, I don't have much compassion. I feel like I'd be faking it if I forced it, but I am praying God would give me more compassion for the day to day stuff. Until then, I don't feel bad if you are slap broke because of poor choices you've made or if you are soooo stressed out but on Facebook all day. Like I said, I'm working on it.
Are you compassionate? Even in the small things? Are you an avid text abbreviation-er?