Friday, February 15, 2013

The Pampered Shepherd

I had my second home cooking show last Saturday! Our friend, Diane, was such a classy hostess and worked so hard to make it successful! She lives about 2 hours and 45 minutes away, so our family took a road trip. Aside from a minor burn on my finger- oops- the show was a success! Here's what I made:

I pre-made a layered taco dip with this recipe-


1 can (16 oz) refried beans
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 garlic cloves, pressed
½ cup (2 oz) grated cheddar cheese
Optional toppings such as diced tomatoes, thinly sliced green onions, sliced pitted ripe olives, snipped fresh cilantro or additional sour cream

Preheat oven to 350°F. Using Large Spreader, spread refried beans over bottom of Deep Dish Baker.

In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, seasoning mix and garlic pressed with
Garlic Press; mix well.

Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over beans. Grate cheddar cheese over top using Rotary Grater.

Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

If desired, dice tomatoes and thinly slice green onions using Chef’s Knife. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus®. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Sprinkle tomato, onions, olives and cilantro over dip. Garnish with additional sour cream, if desired. Remove from oven; serve with Baked Tortilla Chips, if desired.


I started the show by making a Cucumber Lime Dip. I served it with pretzels and carrot sticks. 

Next, I made Baked Potato Chowder which can be found by clicking here. It's cooked in the Deep Covered Baker for about 25 total minutes and so delicious!


While this was in the microwave, I made some quick homemade pull-apart garlic knots. I used my shears to cut up a can of biscuits- each biscuit into sixths. I dipped them into a bowl that had melted butter, crushed fresh garlic, and 2 tbsp of PC Italian Seasoning. I put four pieces of each biscuit into each well of the brownie pan- so versatile! I baked them for about eight minutes at 350. This picture should give you the idea, but this shows how you can make monkey bread in the pan- yum!


I ended with the magic apple pie spice cake in the stone fluted pan. So easy and so delicious! Here's the general idea!

12 minutes in the microwave people!

So if you've seen any products you can't live without, I have a Facebook show open right now and can happily add anything to that party! If you spend $60, you can get this for free-



Also, there is still time to have a Facebook Pampered Chef show this month! Here's the host special-



Do you have one item you've got on your wishlist from Pampered Chef? How can I help you get it?