Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wife Wednesday

I've had the chance to be around lots of different women lately- close friends and acquaintances. It makes me so happy when other women naturally speak well and respectfully of their husbands when they aren't even around. It makes me sad when women bad mouth their husbands, even when it's simply in an attempt to join in or get a laugh. Don't get me wrong, my thoughts aren't all butterflies and rainbows, but I feel very strongly that I should build Rob up every chance I can. Again, not lying or fluffing him up, but speaking honestly and encouraging every chance I get.

Here are some sentences I've heard from others over the last month-


He is my forever.

I just need him to man up.

I can't imagine the rest of my life without him.

He's such a joke!

He does so much to provide for us, and I just want to make him happy!

I can't believe he seriously did that.

He's the best.

You can have him.


And the list can keep going and going. I get it. I know it's the easy thing to do at times. I know it's even easier to go negative when other people already are. Again, I don't think the positive has to be forced or fake. I'd rather be around the positive comments that are working towards intentionally healthier relationships, but that's not always the case. Here's to hoping when I'm not around them, that I can be that for others. So for today- Rob, you are handsome and smart. You make me laugh like no one else can. Just like Laurel said of her husband, you are my forever!

What's something positive you can say about your other half that will build him or her up?