Monday, February 18, 2013

Manic Monday

Much like robshep.com's Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is a snapshot of all the random excitement inside my head.
  • In 48 hours I will be on a plane with Rob, Courtney, Danielle, and Dan headed to Los Angeles! Whoop whoop! We haven't been on a vacation in three years. We've been saving and planning for a long time!
  • This will be our longest time away from the twins- four nights. We've done two nights here and there, but this is the big one! We haven't been on a vacation since before I was pregnant, so we are really excited. I'll probably mention that a few times.
  • Here's the itinerary- arrive Wednesday around noon and we have the Lakers vs Celtics at the Staple Center that night. On Thursday, the girls will be going to a taping of The Ellen Show and the boys will be going to see Jimmy Kimmel. We have lots of other fun & free things planned too! All show tapings are free and perfect entertainment for us- have you met my husband? 
  • We are all staying with my dear friend Shima. You can read about her, here. It's going to be crowded and cozy all at once. She used her connections to get us the Ellen and Kimmel tickets, which we are forever grateful for! I can't wait to spend time with her.
  • I can't wait for good time with friends, fun experiences, and hopefully some celebrity sightings!!
  • The twins will be staying with our friends, The Froyens. They are so good to us and so good to our kids. The kids will be having their own vacation! They'll seriously have more fun with them than they do most days with me. My biggest worry is that they won't sleep through the night for whatever reason. They are great sleepers, but I'll feel really bad if they jack up Stacy's sleep!
  • Does anyone else act crazy before a trip? I started packing like a week in a half ago to avoid stress. I had to cram everything for four days into a carry-on, which is hard for an over-packer like myself. And it's not like I just needed three or four outfits. I am going to be on the Ellen Show, and we're going to two Laker games. You can't trollop around Hollywood all day sight seeing and then show up to a star studded event like a Laker game all sweaty. Well, I can't. Anyhow, I'm all packed and ready to go. As are my kids. I have 48 hours to spare. 
  • Our flight leaves at 5:15 am. We have to pick up Courtney on the way and be to the airport by 4:15. That means I have to wake up at 3:15 am. Vomit. I don't do mornings well.  We land in California at 10:10 am though, so that means we get a whole day to play! A tired and lots of caffeine day, but a whole day regardless.  When the Laker game starts at 7:30 there that night, it will feel like 10:30pm to us. Uh oh. 
  • I'll sleep sometime I suppose!
  • This made me laugh! It's how I feel everyday.
  • I also feel this way a lot of days-

  • It's more like, I can't spend money, but I want to buy stuff. I've always loved shopping- for me and others. We save a mortgage payment each month and pretend it doesn't exist, so it gets tight. I know it's in savings, so it is different then most everyone else, but we have to live like it isn't, so when we find a house, we can make it work.
  • Pampered Chef has been HUGE for this. I'm saving most of my paychecks to put towards a new van for our family, but I was able to get a pedicure, a new dress for Ellen, and bought some gifts for others. We didn't have that stuff in the budget, so it's awesome!
What's a luxury that you'd indulge in if you had extra spending money? Pedicures for me!