Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wife Wednesday: Valentine's Edition

Years ago, Rob and I swiped a fun tradition from our friends. Each year, we alternate who is in charge of Valentine's Day. We love it! It's creative and it's cheaper. I am in charge this year, which means I buy him a gift and plan our date. He doesn't have to do squat this year! When it isn't our year, we don't buy a card or anything. Well, we don't buy cards for each other no matter whose turn it is. Those suckers are expensive, usually just get thrown out, and neither of us really value them. I'd rather that $3.99 go towards my gift! Ha.

Our plans have changed a bit because our babysitting situation changed, but no biggie. Every day is Valentine's Day, right?? I thought I'd have it so easy because Die Hard 5 comes out Thursday!


Since we don't have time for a movie with the kids now, he'll go see Die Hard Wednesday night (one show opens at 10 pm the night before) with his dad and brother. Romantic, right? We'll be eating at Olive Garden for two reasons- it's where we had our first official date back in college and we have a gift card, so it's free! I'm not ashamed that we take the cheapest way out each time even if it means not getting a babysitter since our free ones are taken. He'll open his gift too, which I'll keep a secret till then!

What do you think I got Rob for Valentine's Day? What are your Valentine's Day plans?