Monday, February 25, 2013

Manic Monday

Much like robshep.com's Mind Dumps, Manic Monday is a snapshot of all the random excitement inside my head.
  • Back to the real world! We got home yesterday afternoon, played with our babies, watched some Oscar footage & Walking Dead, and tried to go to bed as soon as physically possible.
  • Here's how we got home- Left LAX at 11:04 pm Saturday night. Landed in Chicago at 5 am. Stayed there for 3 hours and 45 minutes. Left for Philadelphia at 8:45 am and landed at 11:45 am. Stayed there for one hour and 49 minutes. Flew to Newport News at 2:41 pm. 
  • VOMIT! I thought it was going to be horrible, but it wasn't too bad. I was ready to be home and squeeze those babies, take a shower, and go to sleep! And sleep in my own bed by the way.
  • Our trip was fantastic. Here are some highlights in case you missed my incessant Facebook posts.
  • Amazing donuts at Randy's Donuts. Best cream filled I've ever had.
  • Lakers vs Celtics on Wednesday night with a Laker win and oodles of celebrities!

  • Warner Bros lot tour Thursday morning was so fun, followed by the taping of Ellen! Definitely checked one more thing off my bucket list. 
The set of Friends- my favorite show!

This is a picture of the TV from our episode "on" Ellen. Loved it!
  • On Friday morning, we went to the Grove and stumbled upon Mario Lopez filming Extra which was awesome. At lunch that day, we bumped into one of our favorite's from The Office and he was super chill and nice.
Mario Lopez! Rob shows up great on the episode and you can catch glimpses of the girls.


Earlier in the day, I said, "If we could just casually bump into a famous person that we all like, that would be awesome!" Here's Toby from The Office!
  • Shima also took us to some Hollywood hot spots like where the OJ Simpson murders occurred & the house Marilyn Monroe died. Plus, we had a fantastic cupcake!
  •  Friday night me and Rob went to another Laker game with Shima and Eddie. We saw Denzel Washington which was really cool! Plus, the Lakers won!
Besties since middle school!
  • Saturday was our last day & it was really chill. We had a lazy breakfast in Santa Monica and then explored the pier and beach there.
  • We drove up to Van Nuys to find the set of The Office and it was amazing!



Dwight's car!

This might be the only photo of all five of us, but what a perfect place for it!
  • We ended the day by going out to dinner with Shima, Eddie, and one of her dear friends in Culver City at Rush Street. It was delicious. Here's the best part & one of my favorite moments from the trip!
  • As you know, I love Ellen! We were eating outside, and up walks DJ Tony from the Ellen Show! He overheard me say, "It's DJ Tony!", turned and waved to me. I told him that I loved him and he covered his heart with his hand and bowed to me to say thanks. It was the best & made my heart happy!!
  • It was one of my favorite vacations ever, and it really could not have gone better. I am so thankful to have had time with Shima and Eddie, and we so appreciate that they opened their home to all of us! We loved time with Dan, Danielle, and Courtney, and we made memories we'll never forget. 
  • It was so nice knowing our kids were having so much fun and being so, so loved while we were gone. Pics of their "vacation" tomorrow! Ha! 
What celebrity would you like a photo with?