Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thinner Thursday

Down 3.5 pounds since last week! Whoop, whoop!

Rob woke up one morning last week and decided we are doing Atkins. For us, it's a modified version of Atkins from last Friday until next Monday. I'm not doing that junk in California! Ha. I'll still be careful, and keep close to it, don't you worry. We'll go full in on Tuesday of next week.

Here's why I love it. Rob is super into it and that helps so much. I'm pretty sure wheat gives me headaches, and I've been wanting to test this theory. I haven't had a headache all week. It makes grocery shopping easier and specific. All my new Pampered Chef rubs and spices make chicken way more fun. It's like a challenge to stay in the carb zone for phase 1, and who doesn't like a challenge? Good thing I've got a sweet new stone egg cooker from Pampered Chef that goes in the microwave and does scrambled, fried, or poached eggs perfectly! My ridge baker does bacon in the microwave in 5 minutes, so breakfast is still speedy with the twins running around. (Sales pitch!)

Two gross things so far- Rob had us buy beef jerky and pork rinds. They smell horrible and I can't eat them, but if it works for him, so be it.

Have you ever tried Atkins? Any tips?