Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wife Wednesday

Have you ever adopted one of your spouse's hobbies?

I  have and it's the most fun! If you know Rob at all, you know what he is passionate about. One of those passions is the LA Lakers!

Rob has been a HUGE Laker fan since he was in elementary school. In college, I quickly learned to cheer for the Lakers and wear purple and yellow whenever possible! I learned the starting line up, I bought him his first jersey, and took him to his first game! (Side note- what kind of fan was he- no jersey and no game before me?! Ha.) I surprised him with his first trip to LA when he graduated from seminary. We've now been to 4 games in LA, and tonight we go to our 5th!

In Boston in 2010 at game 4 of the Finals!

Our friends even play along! I'm pretty sure this when the Lakers won the Finals in 2010.

Jamey might be more hard core than I am! HA!


Sometimes you have to buy Laker balloons. 

And have yellow and purple themed parties!

And order these just because!

I've watched his eyes light up and dreams come true over the years! It was so fun to be a part of that. I love it because he loves it. It never gets old. A few weeks ago, someone asked me if I felt jipped that most of our vacations revolve around the Lakers and/or the NBA schedule. I love it! It's always an adventure, and it's become my hobby too! I own two of my own jerseys- I'm hardcore! In fact, last week, Laker owner Jerry Buss died. I watched some specials on SportsCenter that day all by myself and teared up.

Rob loves that I love what he loves. I think it helps keep some magic in the relationship! I mean, how can he resist me jumping up and down in a Laker jersey cheering on OUR team. Ha.

The game is on ESPN tonight- look for me, Rob, Dan, Danielle, and Courtney! Three of us will be in Laker jerseys!

What is something you've adopted from your spouse?